- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
The standard naval reconnaissance aircraft, also known as the "Reimitei".
Carried by battleships, cruisers, and seaplane tenders, it served as the "Eye" of the fleet, operating recon missions.
Scouting is important!
Please operate it on your flagships!
Seaplanes are the main aircraft type used by non-carrier ships (mainly battleships, cruisers, and auxiliaries).
- They are notably required to trigger Artillery Spotting.
Reconnaissance AircraftSpLBRecon are planes that:
- Can trigger Contact.
- Does not contribute Fighter Power in Aerial Combat, and so cannot be shot down during it (can be shot down during Detection).
- When equipped to a Land Base:
Not to be confused with Type 0 Observation Seaplane.
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of: Atago Kai, Atago, Chikuma Kai, Chikuma, Chitose A, Chitose Kai, Chitose, Chiyoda A, Chiyoda Kai, Chiyoda, Fusou Kai, Fusou, Hyuuga, Ise, Jintsuu Kai, Kiso Kai, Kuma Kai, Kumano, Kuma, Mikuma, Mogami Kai, Mogami, Mutsu Kai, Mutsu, Myoukou Kai, Myoukou, Nagara Kai, Nagato Kai, Nagato, Naka Kai, Natori Kai, Nisshin, Ooyodo, Sendai Kai, Sendai, Suzuya, Takao Kai, Takao, Tama Kai, Tone Kai, Tone, Yamashiro Kai, Yamashiro, Yura Kai
From quest: Cq4 (x2, choice)
Used to improve: Type 99 Dive Bomber, Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane, Ka Type Observation Autogyro, Type 97 Torpedo Bomber (931 Air Group), Type 98 Reconnaissance Seaplane (Night Recon), Ar196 Kai, Shiun, Ro.43 Reconnaissance Seaplane, Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai, OS2U, S9 Osprey, O Type Observation Autogyro Kai Ni, Swordfish (Seaplane Model), Swordfish Mk.II Kai (Reconnaissance Seaplane Model)
- 2013-04-23: Implemented with initial game release
- 2013-11-01: Stats increased: +1 → +2
- 2015-11-18: Proficiency gain updated to be possible like other planes
- 2016-03-11: Became improvable and upgradeable to Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai
- 2023-01-20: Became upgradeable to Type 0 Observation Seaplane ★+2
|Agano-class Kai Ni
||+2||+3||+1||Non-stackable between any Seaplane Recon|
|Mogami Kai Ni/Toku
|Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane||0||90||20||0||300||4/6||2/3||1x||A
|Only Chitose A and Chiyoda A can upgrade this equipment, other remodels cannot.|
Upgrades to Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai
|Upgrades to Type 0 Observation Seaplane ★+2.|
The E13A Type Zero Reconnaissance Seaplanes were designed in 1937, though they did not enter production until 1940. However, they were the standard seaplanes of the Japanese Navy by the opening of the Pacific War in 1941. They operated as spotters from cruisers, reconnaissance aircraft from carriers and land bases, and personnel transports. At times, they also performed coastal patrol and search and rescue duties. These aircraft were designed by Aichi Kokuki KK, but the majority of the 1,418 E13A aircraft built were built by Kyushu Hikoki KK (1,237 units). At the very end of the war, some of these aircraft were used in special attack (Kamikaze) missions.