- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Saiun (4th Recon Squad)
Iridescent Cloud (4th Recon Squad)
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
"No enemy fighter can catch us." The Saiun was a high-performance carrier-based reconnaissance plane - the high speed of its brilliant design ensured no enemy fighter could keep pace with it.
The Saiun flew over the sea reconnoitering enemy movements as the war situation turned grim. The 4th Reconnaissance Squadron, equipped with these very planes, scouted out Leyte during Operation Sho I; afterward, they continued to play an important role as eyes for the 343rd Naval Air Group, which mainly flew the Shiden Kai.
Reconnaissance AircraftSpLBRecon are planes that:
- Can trigger Contact.
- Does not contribute Fighter Power in Aerial Combat, and so cannot be shot down during it (can be shot down during Detection).
- When equipped to a Land Base:
- This mechanic does not work if the Saiun is in a zero plane slot.
Not to be confused with other aircraft of this family (see here).
How To Obtain
From limited-time quest: 2301 B3 (choice)
Ranking reward for:
- Dec 2017: 1-5
- Dec 2018: 1-5
Event reward for:
- Summer 2020 Event E-3: Hard (★+2), Medium (★+1), Easy
- 2018-01-27: Implemented as ranking reward
|All Equippable Ships||(★2-3)||+1||Non-stackable between any Carrier-based Recon Aircraft|
The quote is modified from an actual boast by a Saiun pilot, "No Grummans [Hellcats] can catch us."