- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Vought F4U-6 Corsair
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
The F4U was developed as a high-performance carrier-based fighter. Since it showed great potential as a fighter/bomber, improvements and upgrades have produced several variants.
These variants have continued to be operated from carriers even after World War II, a multi-role fighter/bomber with a long and distinguished service.
Though the F4U is a small single-seat fighter/bomber, this unit is the heavy fighter/bomber variant capable of carrying more bombs than an ordinary heavy bomber.
Dive Bombers are one of the main types of plane used by CV(B/L). Their main role is to do damages during the Airstrike, with their "Dive Bombing" stat being the most important factor in this regard. Dive Bombers are additionally needed for dealing damages during day Shelling, especially for Aircraft Carrier Cut-Ins (CVCI).
- They are vulnerable to shut down during most Aerial Combat phases.
- They bring some accuracy bonus against PT Imp.
- They cannot attack Installations unless they are Anti-Installation Dive Bombers.
This plane has Anti-Air Resistance.
- 0.6 Ship AA Modifier
Not to be confused with other aircraft of this family (see here).
How To Obtain
Event reward for:
- Summer 2022 Event E-5: Hard, Medium
- 2022-09-11: Implemented
- The AU-1 is one of the last variants of the F4U Corsair used by the US armed forces. It is designed for ground attack and is more heavily armed and armored. It was used by the USMC during the Korean War. It was first produced in 1952 and retired in 1957 from US frontline service.