- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type A Kouhyouteki
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is a Japanese-made, distinctive "Midget Submarine."
This can be utilized by light cruisers, seaplane tenders remodeled as midget submarine tenders, and submarines.
Equipped with two torpedoes, this is a unique weapon that can approach and attack enemy ships in order to support open-sea warfare.
Does not count as a torpedo for cut-ins during night battle despite having a torpedo icon.
How To Obtain
Used to improve: Type A Kouhyouteki
- 2013-04-23: Implemented with initial game release
- 2013-08-02: Ability to enable opening torpedo added
- 2018-08-17: Name changed from Kouhyouteki (甲標的) to Type A Kouhyouteki (甲標的 甲型)
- 2020-09-17: Became improvable and upgradeable to Type C Kouhyouteki
Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
|Type A Kouhyouteki||0||30||50||40||20||3/3||1/2||1x||N
|Can be upgraded to Type C Kouhyouteki.|
Only Chiyoda's "A" remodel may perform improvements.
The Type A Ko-hyoteki, which means "Target 'A', Type 'A'," was given its name in order to disguise its true purpose: if its design was discovered prematurely by Japan's foes, the Japanese Navy could insist that the vessels were practice battle targets. They were also called "Tubes" (筒 Tou) or "Target" (的 Teki, abbreviation of 'Hyōteki') and other slang names.
Five of these participated in the attack on Pearl Harbor, with two actually making it into the harbor. They also participated in the attacks at Sydney Harbor, as well as in Madagascar.