- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type 96 150cm Searchlight
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
Large-scale searchlight fitted for battleships.
Shining the searchlight at the enemy can assist friendly ship's attacks during the night battle, but there is risk of having the enemy focus their fire on the user.
(Only battleships may equip this)
- A special animation will be shown prior to any attacks, and the following effects will be applied:
- Night battle attack accuracy of the fleet increases.
- Special attack rate of the fleet increases.
- Special attack rate of the enemy fleet decreases.
- Enemy fleet will target the ship that showed the searchlight animation more often.
- Enemy fleet will hit the ship that showed the searchlight animation more often.
- Activation rate is 100%.
- Multiple ships equipped with searchlights do not have stacking effects.
- A few ways to use it:
- Equip on ship in the flagship position.
- Pros: The flagship will always open fire first (unless already heavily damaged), therefore it does not matter if it further takes damage. Useful if it's the last battle of the sortie.
- Cons: The other ships can still cover for the flagship where applicable.
- Equip on ship in the second position.
- Pros: This setup does not suffer from the flagship cover aspect, and ship in the second slot still opens fire early.
- Cons: May give the opponent 2 turns in a row if their flagship disables the searchlight carrier.
- Equip on ship in the last position.
- Pros: Allows ships that can't be relied on for night battle output to be useful in some ways, as the output doesn't matter if it doesn't get to them.
- Cons: Likely to lose output in situations where every little bit counts (such as event maps).
Has a slightly different activation animation (namely, brighter light) than the small Searchlight.
How To Obtain
Upgradeable from: Searchlight
From quest: B128 (choice)
From limited-time quest: SB14 (choice)
Ranking reward for:
- Sep 2021: 1-5 (★+8), 6-20 (★+6), 21-100 (★+4), 101-500 (★+2)
- 2015-05-29: Implemented
- 2018-11-16: Visible bonuses added
- 2020-03-27: Visible bonuses increased
|Hiei Kai Ni C||+9||+3||-2||Non-stackable|
|+ 53cm Twin Torpedo Mount||+5|
Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
|Type 96 150cm Searchlight||0||20||0||70||30||4/5||3/4||1x||H