- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Aviation Cruiser|
|Fast Battleship||Light Carrier|
|Standard Carrier||Armored Carrier|
This is a searchlight used to illuminate ships during night battle.
While this can assist other friendly ships in attacking the enemy during night battle, the enemy may focus their fire on the user.
This can be used aboard destroyers, light, heavy, and aviation cruisers, seaplane tenders and battlecruisers.
Searchlights can trigger a special night mechanic when a ship equipped with one enters a night battle with 2 or more HP:
- A special animation will be shown prior to any attacks, and the following effects will be applied:
- Night battle attack accuracy of the fleet increases.
- Special attack rate of the fleet increases.
- Special attack rate of the enemy fleet decreases.
- Enemy fleet will target the ship that showed the searchlight animation more often.
- Enemy fleet will hit the ship that showed the searchlight animation more often.
- Activation rate is 100%.
- Multiple ships equipped with searchlights do not have stacking effects.
- A few ways to use it:
- Equip on ship in the Flagship position.
- Pros: The flagship will always open fire first (unless already in heavily damage state), therefore it does not matter if it further takes damage. Useful if it's the last battle of the sortie.
- Cons: The other ships can still cover for the flagship where applicable.
- Equip on ship in the second position.
- Pros: This setup does not suffer from the flagship cover aspect, and ship in the second slot still opens fire early.
- Cons: May give the opponent 2 turns in a row if their flagship disables the searchlight carrier.
- Equip on ship in the last position.
- Pros: Allows ships that can't be relied on for night battle output to be useful in some ways, as the output doesn't matter if it doesn't get to them.
- Cons: Likely to lose output in situations where every little bit counts (such as event maps).
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of Akatsuki Kai Ni, Arashio Kai Ni, Ayanami Kai Ni, Choukai Kai Ni, Furutaka Kai Ni, Jintsuu Kai Ni, Kako Kai Ni, Kashima Kai, Kirishima Kai Ni, Makigumo Kai Ni, Michishio Kai Ni, Sendai Kai Ni, Yamashiro Kai Ni
|Agano-class Kai Ni
Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
|Upgrades to Type 96 150cm Searchlight.|