- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type 91 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is the high-angle guns' director.
The director and its firing dish together locate a target and find its best-fit firing angle.
...somewhat. This one is obsolete, and its primary function is already built-in on battleships, cruisers, etc.
Anti-Aircraft Fire Directors (AAFD) are quipable in RE.
- They provide a good Anti-Air boost, and are required to trigger some AACI.
- They are notably used to provide AA and accuracy when improved .
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of: Hatsushimo Kai Ni
From quest: D16
Event reward for:
- Fall 2014 Event E-1
- Fall 2014 Event E-2
- Spring 2015 Event E-2: Hard
- Summer 2015 Event E-2: Hard
- 2014-11-14: Implemented
- 2020-03-27: Became buildable, became possible to equip in expansion slots
|Type 91 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director||0||0||0||60||40||3/4||1/2||-||A
|Upgrades to Type 94 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director|
Note: while not directly referenced by name, the formal definition of the director is an fire-control system (FCS) (火器管制装置). Slightly different from radar in that the FCS/director finds a possible point in which the bullet will arrive at. As demonstrated on wikiwiki:
> Radar: "The enemy is over here!~ Here is contact!~"
> FCS: "Um, the enemy has exposed themselves, so I think this shot angle is good!~"