- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Curtiss SB2C-5 Helldiver
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
This plane is the latest late-war upgraded version of the last true dive-bomber developed by the US to replace the masterpiece SBD.
The tough and powerful SB2C dive-bomber has been further upgraded to have even greater offensive ability.
It was eventually superseded by the era of fighter-bombers and, although it was only deployed to the front for a short time, continued to be operated by foreign militaries after the war.
Dive Bombers are one of the main types of plane used by CV(B/L). Their main role is to do damage during the Airstrike, with their "Dive Bombing" stat being the most important factor in this regard. Dive Bombers are additionally needed for dealing damage during day Shelling, especially for Aircraft Carrier Cut-Ins (CVCI).
- They are vulnerable to shoot down during most Aerial Combat phases.
- They bring some accuracy bonus against PT Imp.
- They cannot attack Installations unless they are Anti-Installation Dive Bombers.
This dive bomber has the ability to target installations during shelling.
How To Obtain
Ranking reward for:
- May 2021: 1-5 (★+5), 6-20 (★+5), 21-100
- Oct 2021: 1-5 (★+5), 6-20 (★+4)
- Sep 2022: 1-5 (★+5), 6-20 (★+4)
- 2021-06-30: Implemented as ranking reward
- 2021-07-15: Ability to target Installations added
|Other Light Carriers||-2||-2||-1|
- The SB2C-5 implemented in KanColle is from VB-10. This particular plane model and squadron is credited with attacking and sinking remnants of the Japanese fleet at Kure as well as participating in Operation Ten-Go where they assisted in sinking Yamato, Yahagi, Isokaze, Hamakaze, and Asashimo on the doomed mission.