- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is the main gun of the anti-air destroyers.
It is a groundbreaking new model anti-air high-angle gun with a long barrel, semi-automatic loading, and a powered turret. It was equipped on the Akizuki-class destroyers.
Its complex design made it difficult to mass-produce, but it was a key part of the fleet's defense against the air superiority of enemy aircraft.
Main Guns are the main armement used by surface ships. Their main stats are the "firepower" and "accuracy" . They are notably required to trigger all Artillery Spotting attacks as well as some Night Cut-Ins, notably the "Double Attack" (DA).
- Most main guns come with "Hidden Fit Bonuses/Penalties", especially larger ones.
- Small Caliber Main Guns bring some accuracy bonus against PT Imp.
High-Angle Guns (sometimes "dual-purpose guns"), are anti-air focused guns, that can serve their main surface role, in addition to having extra AA stats.
- They are notably required in most AACI.
Not to be confused with 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Carriage).
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of: Arashio Kai, Asashio Kai, Hamakaze B Kai, Hatsukaze Kai, Isokaze B Kai, Kagerou Kai, Kasumi Kai, Kuroshio Kai, Maikaze Kai, Michishio Kai, Ooshio Kai
From quest: F72 (x2, choice)
Used to improve: 12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount, 8cm High-angle Gun, Type 91 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, Type 94 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 90mm Single High-angle Gun Mount, 8cm High-angle Gun Kai + Additional Machine Guns, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model D Kai 2, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Kai + Additional Machine Guns, 5inch Single Gun Mount Mk.30, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model A Kai 2, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model A Kai 3 (Wartime Modification) + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Battery Concentrated Deployment, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount (Carriage)
- 2013-04-23: Implemented with initial game release
- 2021-03-30: Visible bonuses added
- 2022-04-01: Became improvable and upgradable to 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount||0||0||0||80||70||4/5||2/3||1x||Fy
Fubuki Kai Ni
|Upgrades to 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director.|
One of Japan's relatively successful anti-air weapons, being equipped on carrier Taihou, light cruiser Oyodo, and Akizuki-class destroyers (the illustration shows the turret-mounted variant seen on Akizuki-class; Oyodo and Taihou were equipped with carriage-mounted ones). Both muzzle velocity and operating speed were increased significantly compared to traditional destroyer guns, making it more effective toward enemy aircraft. In reality, its anti-surface ability was not as high due to accuracy and ammunition mass but in-game it has the same firepower stat as the twin 12.7cm. Although the gun proved effective, the Japanese Navy's anti-air ability still lagged behind as the anti-air fire control device was outdated.
- It is easily accessible in-game as many destroyers carry it as stock equipment; Chief Developer Mr. Tanaka once regretted that this weapon "was deployed rather too early, even before the Akizuki-class appeared in-game" in an interview.