- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is the main gun of the anti-air destroyers.
It is a groundbreaking new model anti-air high-angle gun with a long barrel, semi-automatic loading, and a powered turret. It was equipped on the Akizuki-class destroyers.
Its complex design made it difficult to mass-produce, but it was a key part of the fleet's defense against the air superiority of enemy aircraft.
Not to be confused with 10cm Twin High-angle Carriage Mount.
How To Obtain
From quest: F72 (x2, choice)
Used to improve: 12.7cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount, 8cm High-angle Gun, Type 91 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, Type 94 Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 90mm Single High-angle Gun Mount, 8cm High-angle Gun Kai + Additional Machine Guns, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model D Kai 2, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Kai + Additional Machine Guns, 5inch Single Gun Mount Mk.30, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model A Kai 2, 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model A Kai 3 (Wartime Modification) + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director, 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount Battery Concentrated Deployment
- 2013-04-23: Implemented with initial game release
- 2021-03-30: Visible bonuses added
- 2022-04-01: Became improvable and upgradable to 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director
Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
|10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount||0||0||0||80||70||4/5||2/3||1x||Fy
Fubuki Kai Ni
|Upgrades to 10cm Twin High-angle Gun Mount + Anti-Aircraft Fire Director.|
One of Japan's relatively successful anti-air weapons, being equipped on carrier Taihou, light cruiser Oyodo, and Akizuki-class destroyers (the illustration shows the turret-mounted variant seen on Akizuki-class; Oyodo and Taihou were equipped with carriage-mounted ones). Both muzzle velocity and operating speed were increased significantly compared to traditional destroyer guns, making it more effective toward enemy aircraft. In reality, its anti-surface ability was not as high due to accuracy and ammunition mass but in-game it has the same firepower stat as the twin 12.7cm. Although the gun proved effective, the Japanese Navy's anti-air ability still lagged behind as the anti-air fire control device was outdated.
- It is easily accessible in-game as many destroyers carry it as stock equipment; Chief Developer Mr. Tanaka once regretted that this weapon "was deployed rather too early, even before the Akizuki-class appeared in-game" in an interview.