- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Grumman FM-2 Wildcat
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
A carrier-based fighter from the Wildcat F4F series that fought fiercely with the Zero over the Pacific during the early stages of the great war. This model, the FM-2, is an improved, late-stage, mass production model, trading high altitude performance for improved maneuverability and torque handling at lower altitudes to make it a masterpiece general-purpose carrier support fighter. The FM-2 was deployed aboard ships like the escort carriers being churned out on a weekly basis. This time, the FM-2 enters the field as a general-purpose support fighter with anti-ship and anti-ground capabilities.
Dive Bombers are one of the main types of plane used by CV(B/L). Their main role is to do damage during the Airstrike, with their "Dive Bombing" stat being the most important factor in this regard. Dive Bombers are additionally needed for dealing damage during day Shelling, especially for Aircraft Carrier Cut-Ins (CVCI).
- They are vulnerable to shoot down during most Aerial Combat phases.
- They bring some accuracy bonus against PT Imp.
- They cannot attack Installations unless they are Anti-Installation Dive Bombers.
This dive bomber has the ability to target installations during shelling.
Not to be confused with other aircraft of this family (see here).
How To Obtain
Ranking reward for:
- Dec 2017: 1-5, 6-20, 21-100, 101-500
- 2018-01-27: Implemented as ranking reward
- 2019-03-27: Ability to target Installations added
- 2021-03-01: Became improvable and upgradeable to F4U-1D
- 2021-07-15: Visible bonuses added
|Other US carriers
|FM-2||0||110||140||0||290||4/5||3/4||1x||X||G||G||G||G||X||X||Gambier Bay Kai||Uses 1x Zero Fighter Type 21 up to ★+6|
Uses 1x Zero Fighter Type 52 past ★+6
Uses 1x F6F-3 for upgrade to F4U-1D
The B on the tail fin and color scheme suggest the in-game FM-2 is based on the FM-2 "Mah Baby" piloted by Lt. Bruce A. McGraw of VC-10, deployed aboard Gambier Bay during the Battle off Samar.
By 1944 the United States was commissioning escort carriers at a rate of roughly one carrier a week.