The Sortie (出撃) menu is where fleets are sent tout to battle the Abyssals. It can be accessed from the Sortie (出撃) button on the main menu.
- Even so Sorties are by definition "PVE", it is nonetheless the core of the game.
World 5, World 5-4 is not unlocked yet
- Map Selection - Displays all the maps where it is possible to sortie.
- Maps not yet unlocked are tagged Clear Operation Areas to Unlock (作戦海域攻略で開放されます), greyed out, and have a padlock icon.
- Maps not yet unimplemented are tagged Coming Soon (近日開放予定です) and have a padlock icon.
- Difficulty Indication - Displays a rough indication of the map difficulty. It currently runs from 1 ~ 12 stars. Large stars are equivalent to 10 small stars.
- Area Selction - Displays all of the operation areas (worlds) in the game. It is possible to select areas with no maps unlocked yet, but without the possibility to sortie.
- Extra Operation - Allows accessing "Extra Operation" (EO) maps for that particular area.
- If Extra Operations are available and unlocked, click on the Red ▶ labeled "Extra Operation" in the World Selection Screen.
How to Sortie
Please refer to Map Mechanics and Nodes for a description of all node types.
- To begin a sortie, simply select the map to sortie on from the sortie menu.
- Do take note that certain maps may have branching requirements so ensure that the fleet meets those requirements. Check the map details on the area page for details.
- At each path splitting, it will be needed to spin a compass or to select a node to go to.
- Depending on the path, the compass spin can be, fixed, random, or a mix of both.
- When encountering a combat node, a formation will be asked to be chosen.
- For most combat nodes, if not all enemies are sunk, it will be asked to enter night battle or not. Please see Night Battle for details.
- Once the battle has concluded, it will be asked to advance (進撃) or to retreat (撤退), provided it is not the last node of the map.
- It is important not to advance if any ship girl is heavily damaged (大破). She will be at risk of sinking in subsequent battles. Sunk ship girls are lost forever.
Excepted for 1-1, no map is available from the start, and so needs to be unlocked by clearing other previous maps.
"Cleared" here means either scoring a victory (B+ rank) on the final boss node of the map, depleting the HP bar of the map (by killing the boss several times), or depleting the TP bar of the map (only for 1-6).
- Note that several maps are not available in the game yet, and will be introduced in later updates.
- ↑ If 6-1 was unlocked during phase 1, then clearing 5-4 HP bar is also required.
Some maps will be reset at the end of each month, resetting all progress done regarding their HP/TP bar depletion.
- The reset happened at 23h59 JST on the last day of the month,
- All EOs, namely 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, 3-5, 4-5, 5-5, and 6-5, are reset each month,
- 7-2, 7-3, and 7-4 are also reset at the same time,
- This includes both phases of 7-2 and 7-3,
- Unlike EOs, no map is locked behind the previous one, so for instance, 7-3 does not have to be cleared again to sortie on 7-4.
In addition to map progress, enemy formations are also reset to their pre-clear form.
- This does not matter in most cases,
- On 7-4, the Last Dance enemy compositions are stronger, making farming on the map less reliable,
- On 5-5, the cleared enemy compositions are the weakest, so clearing the map again beforehand is advised when trying to complete quests on this map.