- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
Improving Ship Speed
Speed represents the speed of a ship girl. Ship girls are either slow (低速) or fast (高速) by default. As of the 10 Jan 2017 Update, ship girl speed can be further increased to fast+ (高速+) or fastest (最速) by using a combination of Improved Steam Turbine, Enhanced Steam Boiler or New High Pressure-Temperature Steam Boiler.
There are several effects of increasing ship girl speed:
- Meeting routing requirements.
- Combined Fleet composition.
- Slow battleships that are fast+ can be placed in the escort fleet.
- Evasion increase.
- Although this has been stated by the developers to occur, testing has not shown any significant increase in evasion.
- Because Destroyer Escorts cannot be equipped with a turbine, they are the only ship type that cannot be sped up.
Speed Change Charts
It is highly recommended that you have a Reinforcement Expansion on ship girls that you wish to speed up. It can severely degrade their combat efficiency if you attempt to speed up ship girls without one.
All synergies listed below already include 1 Improved Steam Turbine because it is an absolute requirement for speed ups.
|Ship Speed Group||Ship Name/Class/Type|
|Destroyer||Light Cruiser||Heavy Cruiser||Battleship||Carrier||Auxiliary|
|Fast||A||Shimakaze · Tashkent||Mogami-class · Tone-class||Taihou · Shoukaku-class|
|B1||Amatsukaze||Agano-class||Kongou-class · Iowa||Souryuu · Hiryuu · Unryuu · Amagi|
|B2||Other DD||Other CL · CLT||Other CA||Other FBB||Fast CVL · Other CV|
|B||CT||Other BB/V · Gangut||Slow CVL||Slow AV · Taigei|
|C||SS/V · Akitsumaru · Akashi · AO|
|Ship Speed Group||Minimum Speed Up Requriement||Notes|
|B2||-||-||1||-||-||2||Also becomes fastest with 3+ ESB and 1 NTHSB with 2+ ESB but requires too many slots to be useful.|
|C||-||-||1||-||-||-||Unable to be sped up to fastest.|
|Slow||A||1||-||1||1||2||1||Can also attain fastest with 2+ ESB with 1 NHTSB but requires too many slots to be useful.|
|B||-||2||-||-||-||-||Unable to be sped up to fastest. Can also attain fast+ with 3+ ESB, 2+ ESB with 1 NHTSB, and 1+ ESB with 2+ NHTSB but requires too many slots to be useful.|
|C||-||1||-||-||-||-||Unable to be sped up beyond fast.|