- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Improving Ship Speed
|Home Port's Mechanics Portal|
|Marriage · Morale and Fatigue · Gifting · Supply
Repairs · Remodel · Modernization · Construction
|Development · Improvement · Fit Bonuses|
Speed · Range · Plane Proficiency
|Stats · Resources · Experience and Rank · Ranking|
Speed represents the speed of a ship. Ship are either slow (低速) or fast (高速) by default. As of the 10 Jan 2017 Update, ship speed can be further increased to fast+ (高速+) or fastest (最速) by using a combination of Engine Improvements: a Turbine with one or more Boilers
There are several effects of increasing ship speed:
- Meeting routing requirements:
- Fleet speed affect certain map routing.
- Combined Fleet composition:
- BB/BBV that are fast+ can be placed in the escort fleet of STF/TCF (only fast for Warspite Kai).
- Evasion increase.
- Although this has been stated by the developers to occur, testing has not shown any significant increase in evasion.
- Because Coastal Defense Ships (DE) cannot equip Engine Improvements, they are the only ship type that cannot be sped up.
Speed Change Charts
It is highly recommended to have a Reinforcement Expansion on ships that are sped up. Ships sped up without using a RE will have severely degraded combat efficiency.
So far, only 2 types of "boiler" exist in the game, and they are referred to as:
- Enhanced Kanhon Type Boiler = +10 Boiler
- New Model High Temperature High Pressure Boiler = +13 Boiler
All synergies listed below already include 1 Improved Kanhon Type Turbine because it is an absolute requirement for speed ups.
- Devs claim that higher speed values increase evasion. However, its magnitude/scope/existence is still investigated by players (preliminary tests suggest that there is no significant increase in evasion).
|Speed and engine synergy|
|+13 boilers||+10 boilers||Group/Speed||Equipment
|Speed Increment||Required Boiler||Fast A
|Or||+13 boilers, and||0||1||0|
|Total boiler count||2||2||3|
|Or||+13 boilers, and||1|
|Total boiler count||3|
|Initial speed||Group||Ships, classes, types|
|Destroyers||Light Cruisers||Heavy Cruisers||Battleships||Carriers||Others|
|Fast||A||Shimakaze · Tashkent||Tone-class
|Taihou · Shoukaku-class
· Mogami-class CVL
· Iowa · Yamato Kai Ni
|Souryuu · Hiryuu · Unryuu · Amagi|
|B2||Other DD||Other CL · CLT
· Yuubari Kai Ni/D
|Other CA||Other FBB||Fast CVL · Other CV|
|C||Samuel B. Roberts Mk.II||Yuubari||Kaga||Fast AV|
· Nagato-class Kai Ni
|Houshou Kai Ni/Sen
|B||Samuel B. Roberts||Yuubari Kai Ni Toku||Other BB · BBV · Gangut||Slow CVL||Slow AV|
· Other AO
· Shinshuu Maru
|C||SS · SSV · AR · Hayasui · Akitsu Maru|
||Slow C||+1 fit bonus with the New Model High Temperature High Pressure Boiler||Not self-stackable|
|Houshou Kai Ni/Sen
|Yuubari Kai Ni Toku||Slow B||Speed set to Fast when equipping a Improved Kanhon Type Turbine||Not self-stackable|
Bonus disabled if equipping any "other" variants of Engine Improvement