- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Vought F4U-1D Corsair
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
The F4U was originally developed as a highly efficient carrier-based fighter aircraft, but using its early models on aircraft carriers was considered too difficult, so they were operated from land bases.
This plane, which is an improved fighter bomber model, as well as later models belonging to this series were used in task forces and displayed the capability of fulfilling multiple roles, so they enjoyed a long time in service as a fighter bomber.
Dive Bombers are one of the main types of plane used by CV(B/L). Their main role is to do damage during the Airstrike, with their "Dive Bombing" stat being the most important factor in this regard. Dive Bombers are additionally needed for dealing damage during day Shelling, especially for Aircraft Carrier Cut-Ins (CVCI).
- They are vulnerable to shoot down during most Aerial Combat phases.
- They bring some accuracy bonus against PT Imp.
- They cannot attack Installations unless they are Anti-Installation Dive Bombers.
This dive bomber has the ability to target installations during shelling.
Not to be confused with other aircraft of this family (see here).
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of: Intrepid Kai
Upgradeable from: FM-2
From quest: A80 (choice)
Ranking reward for:
- May 2017: 1-5, 6-20
- 2017-06-29: Implemented as ranking reward
- 2019-03-27: Ability to target Installations added