- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type 0 Observation Seaplane
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Light Cruiser||Torpedo Cruiser|
|Heavy Cruiser||Training Cruiser|
|Aviation Cruiser||Fast Battleship|
|Light Carrier||Standard Aircraft Carrier|
|Armored Carrier||Seaplane Tender|
|Submarine||Aircraft Carrying Submarine|
|Submarine Tender||Fleet Oiler|
|Repair Ship||Amphibious Assault Ship|
Although being a biplane, this is a dual-seat float reconnaissance plane with outstanding maneuverability and high air-to-air capability.
Its initial purpose was for fleet gunnery spotting and reconnaissance, however its high dogfight ability even out-qualify purposely built float fighters.
Being modern enough and a biplane, it's undoubtedly a masterpiece of its own class.
Seaplanes are the main aircraft type used by non-carrier ships (mainly battleships, cruisers, and auxiliaries).
- They are notably required trigger Artillery Spotting.
Reconnaissance AircraftSpLBRecon are planes that:
- Can trigger Contact.
- Does not contribute Fighter-Power in Aerial Combat, and so cannot be shot down during it (can be shot down during Detection).
- When equipped to a Land-base:
- Can extend the minimum Combat Radius in Sortie Mode.
- Add a bonus multiplier to the total Defense Fighter-Power of the base in Air Defense Mode.
- Can contribute Fighter-Power (if it has any Proficiency or ), and can be shot down.
Not to be confused with Type 0 Recon Seaplane.
How To Obtain
Stock equipment of: Mizuho Kai, Mizuho, Musashi, Yamato
Upgradeable from: Type 0 Reconnaissance Seaplane (★+2)
Ranking reward for:
- Jun 2013: 1-20, 21-100, 101-340
Used to improve: Type 0 Observation Seaplane, Zuiun Model 12, Zuiun Model 12 (634 Air Group)
- 2013-07-03: Implemented as ranking reward
- 2013-12-24: Stats increased: +2 → +4
- 2014-03-14: Became buildable
- 2016-02-29: Became improvable
|Mogami Kai Ni (Toku)
|Agano-class Kai Ni
||+2||+3||+1||Non-stackable between any Seaplane Recon|
|Mogami Kai Ni/Toku
|Type 0 Observation Seaplane||0||90||40||0||270||4/6||3/5||1x||X||Mi
Codenamed "Pete" by the Allies, the Mitsubishi F1M had high air-to-air capability resulting from its crisp maneuverability (basically biplanes have better mobility than monoplanes while trading off high-speed capability) as highlighted in the description text. It seldomly served its original role of gunnery spotting, but with its high dynamics and stability, it served many purposes such as ground attack, anti-sub patrol, convoy escort, and sometimes air-to-air combat. Its maneuverability equalling Type 96 fighters (which are purposely-built monoplanes), there are records of kills of American fighters such as F4F and even an F6F (the pilot that shot down the F6F was Officer Nobuo Fujita, the only man who succeeded to bombard the American mainland in 1942).