- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Type A Ko-hyoteki
Type A Kouhyouteki
No.41 甲標的 甲型
|Coastal Defense Ship||Destroyer|
|Heavy Cruiser||Aviation Cruiser|
|Fast Battleship||Light Carrier|
|Standard Carrier||Armored Carrier|
|Repair Ship||Training Cruiser|
|Fleet Oiler||Amphibious Assault Ship|
This is a Japanese-made, distinctive "Midget Submarine."
This can be utilized by light cruisers, seaplane tenders remodeled as midget submarine tenders, and submarines.
Equipped with two torpedoes, this is a unique weapon that can approach and attack enemy ships in order to support open-sea warfare.
The Type A Ko-hyoteki, which means "Target 'A', Type 'A'," was given its name in order to disguise its true purpose: if its design was discovered prematurely by Japan's foes, the Japanese Navy could insist that the vessels were practice battle targets. They were also called "Tubes" (筒 Tou) or "Target" (的 Teki, abbreviation of 'Hyōteki') and other slang names.
Five of these participated in the attack on Pearl Harbor, with two actually making it into the harbor. They also participated in the attacks at Sydney Harbor, as well as in Madagascar.
- Buildable. Stock equipment of Chitose A and Chiyoda A (both come with x2).
- Enables opening torpedo salvo for CLTs and AVs, as well as SS/SSV below level 10 and certain CLs (Abukuma Kai Ni, Yura Kai Ni, Yuubari Kai Ni Toku).
- Does not count as a torpedo for cut-ins during night battle despite having a torpedo icon.
Akashi's Improvement Arsenal
|Type A Ko-hyoteki||0||30||50||40||20||3/3||1/2||1x||N
|Can be upgraded to Type C Kouhyouteki.|
Only Chiyoda's "A" remodel may perform improvements.