- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Destroyers (DD) are very versatile, utilizing Small Caliber Main Guns, Torpedoes, and ASW equipment, and having high torpedo , ASW , and evasion , and good "night attack power " stats, to the detriment of firepower and armor. They:
- Has 3 equipment slots.
|DD||Default equipment compatibility|
|✔️ Can Equip||❌ Cannot Equip|
|Sp Recon Bomber|
|Small Small||Sp Sp_Sec Sub Minisub Large Large Sp|
|Medium Large Large|
|Equipability notes: = ; = ; = ; =Recon ; =Bomber ; Small= ; Medium= ; Sec= ; =|
- Default DD equipment compatibility
|Z1 Equipment Bonuses|
|12.7cm Single Gun Mount||(★0-6)||+1||+1|
|+ Surface Radar||+2||+2||+2||One-time|
|2cm Flakvierling 38||(★4-6)||+2||+2|
|(1st equipped) (★MAX)||+1||One-time|
|(★4-MAX) + Air Radar||+1||One-time|
|5inch Single Gun Mount Mk.30 Kai + GFCS Mk.37||+1|
|12cm Single High-angle Gun Mount Model E Kai||(★2-3)||+1|
|53cm Bow (Oxygen) Torpedo Mount||-5|
|Passive Radiolocator (E27) + Type 22 Surface Radar Kai 4 (Calibrated Late Model)||(1st equipped) (★7)||+1||One-time|
|(1st equipped) (★8)||+1||+1||One-time|
|(1st equipped) (★9)||+1||+1||+1||One-time|
|(1st equipped) (★MAX)||+1||+2||+1||One-time|
|+ ★3+ 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model D Kai 2 OR ★3+ 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model D Kai 3||+1||+1||One-time|
|+ ★4+ Type 13 Air Radar Kai (Late Model)||+1||+4||+1||+3||One-time|
|Type 2 Depth Charge||(★8-9)||+1|
|Hedgehog (Initial Model)||(1st equipped)||+1||+1||One-time|
|25mm Anti-aircraft Autocannon Mount & Machine Guns||+1||+2||+2|
- Required to construct Z3.
- Required to construct Bismarck in LSC.
- Required to Craft 12.7cm Single Gun Mount.
|Ship||Rarity||Type||No.||World 1||World 2||World 3||World 7||World 4||World 5||World 6||Remarks|
|Z1||Very Rare||DD||174||✔️||Buildable (no LSC)|
|Good morning. My name is Leberecht Maass. You can call me Lebe, yup.|
|Guten Morgen. 僕の名前はLeberecht Maass。Lebeでいいよ、うん。|
|I'm a German-born destroyer that was the 1st ship of the proper large destroyers.
My high-pressure steam boilers and shifted engine layout was a distinctive characteristic of the Country of Technology. I'm not really good at naval battles on the open ocean but... I'll do my best!
|Have a nice day!|
|Einen schönen tag！|
|Hmmm, what is it? I need to service my boilers.|
|What is it, Admiral? Is this some sort of greeting in this country? It's a bit hard to get used to.|
|*yawn*...Ah... N-no. I'm not bored at all, I'm fine... Yup.|
|You're always working hard, Admiral. But don't push yourself. I'm here for you after all.|
|Why do you have such a serious expression, Admiral? ...Eh? What's this box... I-I see. Thank you.|
|You want to see the report huh. Analysis is important.|
|Joining the Fleet
|Destroyer, Leberecht Maass, sortieing!|
|Thanks, this is good!|
|This is good.|
|Thanks. This helps.|
|Docking (Minor Damage)
|I got beat up. I need to go for repairs.|
|Docking (Major Damage)
|Looks like a new comrade has come, Admiral.|
|Returning from Sortie
|Operation complete right.|
|Starting a Sortie
|Not commerce raiding but a decisive battle? ...I-I can do it!|
|Starting a Battle
|A naval battle huh... Alright, let's go.|
|Enemy ships spotted, beginning attack.|
|Night Battle Attack
|Night battle huh? I'll give it a shot.|
|I had the greatest achievements? I see... that's good. Yup.|
|Minor Damage 1
|Minor Damage 2
|Th-they got me~|
|My engines are fine, I can still move.|
|I'm sinking again huh. But at least... it was a naval battle this time.|
- Germany had no destroyers remaining after World War 1. This meant that the Type 1934 were the first destroyers of the German Navy in World War 2.
- She had a high-pressure steam boiler and engine layout that allowed her to hit 36 knots.
- Due to her top-heavy design, she was forced to keep some fuel in reserve to act as ballast. This reduced her effective range to only 1,530 nmi. Also, the design of her bow meant that she got too wet in heavy seas; a common occurrence in the Atlantic.
- Her engine design was very complicated and the ships of her class experienced frequent breakdowns; requiring highly skilled crew to keep them running.
- This line is shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development.
- German destroyers were designed for raiding Allied shipping as opposed to Japanese destroyers which were designed to participate in the 'decisive battle' to crush the US navy.
- She was sunk by friendly fire while on a mission to intercept British fishing vessels in Operation Wikinger.
|12 o'clock. It's a new day.|
|1 o'clock. I'm getting sleepy now.|
|2 o'clock. I wonder if Max is working properly.|
|3 o'clock. Hey... aren't you sleepy, Admiral? I see, that's amazing.|
|4 o'clock. Morning is almost here.|
|5 o'clock. It's morning, the missions have reset.|
|Good morning. 6 o'clock. Good morning, Admiral.|
|7 o'clock. It's time for breakfast, I'll go prepare it.|
|8 o'clock. How are the Nuremberg Sausages, Admiral? Are they delicious?|
|9 o'clock. It's almost time for full-scale operations.|
|10 o'clock. We're sortieing soon. But we need to be careful of mines.|
|11 o'clock. I won't mix up fishing vessels and enemy ships. Yup, of course.|
|12 o'clock. It's noon. What do you want for lunch, Admiral?|
|1 o'clock. I wonder if Max is doing well. I'm a bit worried.|
|It's 2 o'clock. Exercises are important too. We also had exercises in the North Sea, yup.|
|3 o'clock. Talking about seaworthiness... Yeah, I wonder about it.|
|4 o'clock. I'm fine, I can do this.|
|5 o'clock. It's getting a bit dark, yup.|
|6 o'clock. What shall we have for dinner?|
|How is the sauerkraut and eisbein? Is it delicious, Admiral? Ah, it's 7 o'clock.|
|8 o'clock. I'm full now, yup.|
|9 o'clock. Almost time for night battles. I'm not very good at them.|
|10 o'clock. That's amazing, everyone here really loves night battles. I'm surprised.|
|11 o'clock. Thanks for your hard work today, Admiral. Let's work hard tomorrow too.|
- The town of Nuremberg is famous for sausages.
- She and her flotilla sailed into a British minefield on her last mission. This resulted in the sinking of Z3.
- Z3 hit a mine while attempting to rescue Z1.
- She had problems with stability and operating in heavy seas.
- Sauerkraut is fermented cabbage that is usually eaten with eisbein, pickled ham hock.
|Fall 2020 Event
|Enemy ships spotted. Begin the attack.||Friend Fleet 1|
- General Information
- Her full name is Leberecht Maass or just Maass (or "Lebe" in Kancolle), after Konteradmiral Leberecht Maass.
- She was launched on the 18th of August 1935.
- She was hit by a bomb from a He 111 bomber & sunk on the 22nd of February 1940.
- Update History
- She was added on the 14th of March 2014 as a quest reward.
- She got her Zwei on the 28th of March 2014.
- Her low luck is due to having been assaulted by a German bomber mistakenly and consequently getting split in half.
- The 'Z' in her name stands for Zerstörer, which is German for destroyer.