- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Installations are an enemy type in game that is characterized by high armor and high HP. They are difficult to handle using normal anti-ship setups and require specific setups in order to destroy. Installations are typically found as bosses or as boss escorts.
- They cannot be targeted by torpedoes.
- Opening and closing torpedoes will fail to trigger if only installation targets remain.
- The torpedo stat is ignored when calculating night battle damage against installations. Please see Night Battle for more details.
- This makes destroyers, light cruisers, and heavy cruisers much weaker unless equipped with anti-installation equipment.
- Submarines can attack installations during shelling if equipped with a Special Type 2 Amphibious Tank.
- They will be able to attack installations at night regardless of equipment.
- Their low firepower makes them poor anti-installation ships.
- Only dive bombers will attack installations during the air strike phase.
|Dive-Bombers that can attack installations|
Carriers will only attack installations in the shelling phase if equipped with torpedo bombers or anti-installation dive bombers.
- Carriers are unable to perform cut-ins on installations, even if equipped with anti-installation dive bombers.
- They have different damage statuses instead of the normal ones used for ships.
|Ship Damage Label||Installation Damage Label|
Installations are classified by two categories: Ship Type (BB, BBV, CV) and Toughness (Soft Skin or Hard Skin).
|Battleship (BB)||Examples are Artillery Imps and Central Princess.
|Aviation Battleship (BBV)||Most installations fall under this category.
|Carrier (CV)||Example is Lycoris Princess.
|Soft Skin||Examples are Supply Depot Princess, Harbour Princess and Northern Princess.
|Hard Skin||Examples are Isolated Island Demon, Artillery Imp, and Harbour Summer Princess.|
Please see Damage Calculations for more details on how anti-installation damage is calculated.
- During day, damage is capped at 220 so any ship with a proper anti-installation setup will be able to hit the cap.
- When facing hard-skinned installations, it is better for battleships to have AP shells instead of Type 3 because they will hit the day cap anyway.
- Anti-installation is very important during night battle when the cap is raised to 360.
- Torpedo stat is always counted as 0 when attacking installations. This applies to both airstrikes and night battles.
- Supply Depot Princess is the only known installation that takes post-cap damage from anti-installation equipment.
- This makes her vulnerable to getting one shot by nuke setups. See below for details.
- Pairing rockets or mortars give better multipliers than using them individually. Eg. WG/WG instead of WG/T4.
- While dive bombers have a post-cap bonus during the air-strike, the low base damage means it is of limited effectiveness against high armor installations.
|Installation Type||Soft-Skinned||Isolated Island Princess||Artillery Imp||Harbour Summer Princess||Supply Depot Princess|
|WG42 (Wurfgerät 42)||1.3||1.82||1.4||2.1||1.6||2.72||1.4||1.68||1.25||1.625|
|Anti-Ground Rocket Launcher
|Landing Craft Type Multiplier||1.4||1.8||1.8||1.7||1.7|
|Landing Craft Improvement Multiplier||1 + (Average ★ /50) [Max 1.2x]||Apply again |
(Twice if T89/HoNi)
|Toku Daihatsu Landing Craft||1.15||1.15||1.15||1.2||1.2|
|Daihatsu Landing Craft (Type 89 Medium Tank & Landing Force)||1.5||1.95||1.2||1.68||1.5||2.1||1.6||2.4||1.3||2.08|
|Toku Daihatsu Landing Craft + Type 1 Gun Tank (HoNi)||Counted as Type 89 Medium Tank & Landing Force|
|Daihatsu Landing Craft (Panzer II/North African Specification)||1.5||1.2||1.5||1.6||1.3|
|Toku Daihatsu Landing Craft + 11th Tank Regiment||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8|
| Armed Daihatsu + Soukoutei (AB)
|Special Type 2 Amphibious Tank||1.5||1.8||2.4||3.24||2.4||3.24||2.8||4.2||1.7||2.55|
|Amphibious Tank Improvement Multiplier||1 + (Average ★ /30) [Max 1.33x]||1 + (Average ★ /30) [Max 1.33x]|
|Carrier-based Dive Bomber||1.4||1.5||1.3|
|Destroyer / Light Cruiser (DD/CL)||1.4|
|Land Based Attack Aircraft||1.18||1.6||2.1|
|Bombers (Post cap)||1.7||1.55|
- With the exception of Post-cap and the LHA Bonus, the Armed Daihatsu + Soukoutei (AB) bonus only applies in Daytime combat. (Landing Craft type bonus still functions at night)
|If M4A1 DD is Equipped|
|If Armed Daihatsu + Soukoutei (AB)|
are both Equipped
|IJN Landing Craft||1.2|
|Maximum Group Bonus||1.32|
Flat Damage Bonuses
|WG42 (Wurfgerät 42)||75||110||140||160|
|Shipborne Model Type 4 20cm Anti-ground Rocket Launcher||55||115||160||190|
|Type 4 20cm Anti-ground Rocket Launcher (Concentrated Deployment)||80||170||?||?|
|Type 2 12cm Mortar Kai||30||55||75||90|
|Type 2 12cm Mortar Kai (Concentrated Deployment)||60||110||150||180|
|Toku Daihatsu Landing Craft + 11th Tank Regiment||25|
| Armed Daihatsu + Soukoutei (AB)
|Ship Type Bonus|
(Supply Depot Princess Only)
- With the exception of the bomber bonus, Flat damage bonuses are pre-cap
Below are recommended equipment setups for anti-installation. If a setup is not listed, it means that it is subpar and not worth considering. The order of the equipment is for illustrative purposes only. It does not matter what order the equipment are in.
|This setup is the basic setup for battleships. Because battleships can hit the damage cap easily, they do not benefit much from anti-installation equipment. The standard artillery spotting setup will allow them to be effective against all other targets including the installation.|
|This is an option where you will be facing soft-skinned installations. Taking a Type 3 shell will limit the battleship's effectiveness against all other targets. Careful consideration must be made into whether it is worth it.|
|/||An alternative setup for Nagato Kai Ni and Mutsu Kai Ni. The landing craft/amphibious tank will make their Touch attacks deal significant damage to installation enemies. Keeping the seaplane, allows them to perform artillery spotting to maintain some effectivenes against other targets.|
|This is a unique setup available to Musashi Kai Ni that allows her to have the best of both worlds.|
|This is the standard anti-installation setup for all heavy cruisers. It allows them to artillery spot and deals decent damage against installations.|
|This is an alternative setup only for aviation cruisers. It removes the ability to artillery spot for much more powerful anti-installation damage at night.|
|This is the standard "nuke" setup. It has powerful anti-installation power against all installations but is hampered by the daytime damage cap. It performs best at night or when up against Supply Depot Princess.|
|An alternative setup for 4-slot light cruisers. This preserves their ability to double attack at night while giving them significant anti-installation power.|
|Same as the "nuke" setup used by light cruisers. It has powerful anti-installation power against all installations but is hampered by the daytime damage cap. It performs best at night or when up against Supply Depot Princess.|
|/||This is an alternative setup that preserves their ability to double attack at night while maintaining decent anti-installation power. This setup works best if the Landing Craft or Amphibious Tanks are upgraded to maximise damage. It also allows them to perform well against non-installation targets at night.|
|/||An alternative "nuke" setup if you are lacking Landing Craft or Amphibious Tanks. It will still deal significant damage to Supply Depot Princess.|
|This setup is currently unique to Tashkent. It functions much like the light cruiser setup with a powerful night battle double attack.|
|This is only to be used if you have one of the anti-installation dive bombers. It will allow the carrier to still perform CVCI against other targets.|
|The numbers of torpedo bombers and fighters in this setup can be varied depending on the amount of fighter power required. This is the standard carrier anti-installation setup. While it does sacrifice CVCI, the carrier shelling formula and proficiency bonuses still ensure that carriers will do significant damage to installations and other targets.|
|Same "nuke" setup used by light cruisers. For 4-slot AVs, they can either take a 2nd anti-ground rocket or a seaplane fighter as the wild card. It has powerful anti-installation power against all installations but is hampered by the daytime damage cap. It performs best at night or when up against Supply Depot Princess.|
- High-angle main guns can stand in for the small-caliber main guns.
Landing Craft/Amphibious Tank Capable Ships
|Ships that can equip Landing Craft / Amphibious Tanks|
|Landing Craft||Both||Amphibious Tank|
|Kai Ni D|
|Kai Ni D|
|Kai Ni D|
|Kai Ni D|
|Kai Ni Toku|
|Kai Ni Toku|
|Kai Ni Juu|