- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
Hishimochi is a special item that comes along around March of each year. Over the years in KanColle, Hishimochi has gone through a series of different ways it could be obtained and collected over the years and would undergo changes as time went on.
Originally started back in March 2015, this was a collectible item that could be collected and left in reserve for later use.
However in 2020, this item became an important item for exchanging for more important items and due to these changes, it was turned into a limited-time item that was only available during the duration of the Hinamatsuri Event periods.
As such, this page will mainly be used as an archive to explain the events that unfolded that involved Hishimochi.
Hishimochi can be opened through the item screen and exchanged between three different colors:
|Pink = ✕ 600 and ✕ 200||White = ✕ 1||Green = ✕ 2 and ✕ 1|
This option should not be considered until all relevant quests consuming them have been completed (when applicable), as those require existing Hishimochi in the inventory during the process.
This event was where Hishimochi was first introduced, it originally appeared as a drop that could be earned by going through sorties. It was collectible and stackable up for quests to earn some prizes and then conserve them for future use. It was possible to exchange them for various items, resources, or foods.
When Satsuki received her Kai Ni remodel, she came with a permanent quest that gave players an opportunity to earn a Hishimochi from there.
Hishimochi appeared as one limited-time quest's reward.
Hishimochi underwent a drastic change with the release of the Hinamatsuri 2020 Mini-Event as it would now become a limited-time item used for collecting items.
The following below lists the overall things that have changed with the way Hishimochi was used:
- While it could still be used to collect resources, it was encouraged to conserve them to be exchanged for better items handed out in quest.
- The Event also handed out Hishimochi upon clearing, the amount varied based on the difficulty cleared.
- Hishimochi would now begin to expire following the completion of the event and thus needed to be spent beforehand.
- All Permanent quests that had Hishimochi offered as a prize would be altered after the event (see 2016 Hishimochi for more details).
Hishimochi resurfaced as an item rewarded in a series of quests to once again be exchanged to earn rare and valuable goods and thus was prioritized for completing quests.
For more details see 2021 Hishimochi Quest Event.
Up to 7 Hishimochis were obtainable via 3 limited quests.