|Home Port's Mechanics Portal|
|Marriage · Morale and Fatigue · Gifting · Supply
Repairs · Remodel · Modernization · Construction
|Development · Improvement · Fit Bonuses|
Speed · Range · Plane Proficiency
|Stats · Resources · Experience and Rank · Ranking|
Modernization is used to increase the Stats of a given ship, namely, the firepower , torpedo , anti-air , armour , HP , ASW , and Luck . 1 to 5 other ship girls are required in order to perform a Modernization.
- This page is about the Modernization mechanic. Please see Remodel_(Menu) for information about the UI.
How To Modernize
- Click the Select (選択) button in the empty modernization slot to bring up a list of non-locked ship girls sorted by level.
- Select a ship girl to be placed in a modernization slot.
- Stats that will be improved will turn blue and show the potential maximum improvement.
- HP, ASW, and Luck will just display a blue up arrow.
- Once the selection is made, click the Begin Synthesis!! (合成開始!!) button to modernize.
- The button will be greyed out if the ship girl cannot be modernized any further.
- Modernization upgrades for firepower, torpedo, AA, and armor are reset upon remodeling.
- HP, ASW, and luck modernization upgrades are carried over.
- Equipment on a ship girl used for modernization will be lost.
- Remember to remove valuable equipment before using a ship girl as modernization fodder.
- Stats cannot be increased beyond certain caps.
- For firepower, torpedo, AA, armor, and luck; it is dependent on the ship girl and its remodels. Please see the individual ship girl pages or Ship Maximum Status for the caps.
- For HP, it is +2.
- For ASW, it is +9.
- Locking ship girls will prevent them from showing up as modernization fodder.
This applies to firepower, torpedo, anti-air, and armor. The formula for bonus stats from Modernization to these stats is:
|Modernization Stat Formula|
- Calculated as the weighted expected value for a given input.
- Currently impossible to achieve.
- Modernization success is guaranteed if using 5 Maruyu.
- This is why it is very important to remodel her to Kai before using her as modernization fodder.
- Maruyu is the easiest and most efficient method to modernize luck. It is highly advised to save DEs to modernize HP.
A base remodel Maruyu will provide +1.2 luck while her Kai remodel provides +1.6 luck. Refer to the chart below for Modernization results:
Coastal Defence (DE)
DEs have about a 50/50 chance of granting +1 luck when used alone or in pairs. The pair must be two different ship girls from the same class.
- +1 luck or HP is guaranteed from upgrades of pairs of different DE from a same class.
- +1 luck or ASW is guaranteed from upgrades of single DE of any other pairing.
- There is a small chance (~6-7%) for an extra +1 luck if the pair is "at Kai level".
- In the case the ship cannot receive one of the 2 guaranteed stats (e.g. a BB for ASW) then there is a chance to fail the modernization.
It is possible to use the Pumpkins given during the Pumpkin Festival to increase luck during regular modernization.
- See here for more details.
Currently, DEs are the only way to modernize ASW. They have a 50/50 chance of granting +1 ASW when used alone or in pairs.
- +1 ASW or Luck is guaranteed from single DE upgrades.
- There is a 20-30% chance of gaining +1 ASW when using pairs of DEs "at kai level".
- This chance is independent of the HP/Luck gain.
- Using two DE pairs "at kai level" has a chance of +2 ASW.
- ASW increase is capped at +9.
- Modernization will fail if the ship girl is at the ASW cap.
- Modernization can still succeed if luck is rolled instead of ASW (if the ship girl is not at her luck cap).
HP can be increased by using DEs, Mizuho, or Kamoi. DEs must be used in pairs of two different ship girls from the same class to get +1 HP. Mizuho or Kamoi must be used in pairs to trigger HP modding.
For unmarried ships, HP can always be increased by a maximum of 2 points. Exceptions for married ships are:
- Capped at +1 after marriage: I-13, I-14, I-19, I-26, I-58, U-511 Kai, and Hayasui.
- No HP modernization kept : I-168 Kai, I-400, I-401, I-8, Maruyu, Hayasui Kai, Yamato (not remodel), Musashi (not remodel), Nagato Kai/Ni, Mutsu Kai/Ni, Nelson Kai, Bismarck, Richelieu, Littorio/Italia, and Roma/Kai.
HP can be increased with :
- +1 HP or Luck is guaranteed from using pairs of different DE from the same class.
- AV/AO (only Mizuho or Kamoi) can only be used to increase the HP of certain ships.
- Mizuho for Mizuho and Kamoi.
- Kamoi for Mizuho, Kamoi, Agano-class and Yamato-class.
- Kamoi and Mizuho are not interchangeable.
- The success rate for modernization using AV/AO (only Mizuho or Kamoi) can be increased by adding more duplicates.
- +30% per base AV/AO
- +40% per Kai AV/AO
- If the success rate goes over 100%, a roll for a second HP increase is performed. E.g 120% = 20% chance for +2HP.
DE Modernization summary
|2nd DE used:||Modernization get||Notes|
|None||/or/||Using higher level DEs increase the chance to gain +2 of a stat|
|Other class as 1st DE|
|Same ship as 1st DE|
|Same class as 1st DE &
other ship than 1st DE
- Using 4 DE will count as 2 pairs,
- Using 3 or 5 DE with count as 1 or 2 pairs, and a single ship.