- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
|Setup and Registration (PC) · Connection · Troubleshooting · Basic Gameplay · FAQ · Glossary|
Currently, the game is only available to people connecting with Japanese IP addresses. Thus, this page guides on how to bypass this restriction.
There are two options to connect to the game:
- Bypassing the existing blocks: general DMM cookie-based block and KanColle gadget server block. Bypassing methods are recommended, please try using them first.
- In summary, using a viewer that supports both bypass options and enabling those options is enough. Such viewers include: KC3Kai, Poi (nightly version with a plugin), ElectronicObserver (fork), GotoBrowser (for Android).
- Non-viewer solutions include: KCCacheProxy, DMM extension (for Chrome), Redirector extension (for other browsers, a custom config should be imported, cookie fix should be applied manually).
- Using a VPN or proxy (actually using a Japanese IP).
Note that for creating a new game account, it is necessary to use a Japanese VPN, preferably with all other methods disabled.
KanColle Gadget Server Block
Since February 26, 2020, KanColle gadget server is blocking all non-Japanese IP addresses directly; thus, extra steps are required to load the game:
- On Android GotoBrowser can be used: a substitute gadget server will be used if the "alter gadget URL" option is enabled in settings. The substitute server will serve the login assets, allowing a user to log in without needing to access the actual gadget server. Additional connection options can be used as well. Clearing cache may be required.
- Poi (latest nightly version) can use a local cache folder, allowing to serve the login assets from a local folder, again, bypassing the need to connect to the real gadget server. The "3rd party cache" folder can be found in common settings (
%appdata%/poi/MyCachebe default on Windows), the path to login assets should be
3rd party cache folder/KanColle/gadget_html5(
%appdata%/poi/MyCache/KanColle/gadget_html5for Windows; technically, only
gadget_html5folder is required to log in). Clearing cache in common settings and restarting the viewer may be required. A plugin can be used to automatically update the local cache.
- Options for Chrome:
- KCCacheProxy can be used with browsers and viewers that support proxy connections. It serves assets from a local cache and so should also speed up asset loading.
VPN or Proxy
Different VPN and proxy server providers can be used, as long as they have Japanese locations. Refer to their documentation on how to use them.
Note that VPN/Proxy is only required during login (the real gadget server will be accessed via a Japanese IP address) and can be disabled afterward (game servers do not require a Japanese IP).
One free option is VPN Gate, an "Academic Experiment Project" by the University of Tsukuba. The site can also be used to check your apparent IP address and location. It is NOT recommended to be used when you are handling sensitive data such as when entering your card details.
- Download and install the client.
- Select a Japanese server in it using "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers".
- Alternatively, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, or MS-SSTP options can be used.
- Simply import an OpenVPN config file of a Japanese server in your network manager.
- Alternatively, there is L2TP/IPsec interface, which is usually pre-installed, so it is possible to set it up directly without installing any clients.
Other free options include: