The Sortie (出撃) menu is where you send your fleets out to battle the Abyssals. It can be accessed from the Sortie (出撃) button on the main menu.
- Map Selection - Displays all the maps you can sortie to.
- Maps that you haven't unlocked will be tagged Clear Operation Areas to Unlock (作戦海域攻略で開放されます), greyed out and have a padlock icon.
- Maps that are unimplemented yet will be tagged Coming Soon (近日開放予定です) and have a padlock icon.
- Difficulty Indication - Displays a rough indication of the map difficulty. It currently runs from 1 ~ 12 stars. Large stars are equivalent to 10 small stars.
- Area Selction - Displays all of the operation areas in the game. You are able to select areas with maps you haven't unlocked yet but you are not able to sortie.
- Extra Operation - Allows you to access Extra Operation maps for that particular area.
- If Extra Operations are available and you have them unlocked, click on the Red ▶ labeled "Extra Operation" in the World Selection Screen
How to Sortie
1. To begin a sortie, simply select the map you would like to sortie to from the sortie menu.
- Do take note that certain maps may have branching requirements so ensure that your fleet meets those requirements. Check the map details in the area page for details.
2. Once the sortie begins, you may be asked to spin a compass. Depending on the map, the compass spin can either be random or fixed. 3. When you encounter a combat node, you will be asked to select a formation.
- Please refer to Formation Selection for details on formations and what they do.
- Please refer to Non-Combat Nodes for a description on non-combat nodes.
4. For normal combat nodes and air battle nodes, you will be asked if you'd like to enter night battle if you didn't sink all enemies. Please see Night Battle for details. 5. Once night battle has concluded or if you chose not to participate, you will be asked if you'd like to advance (進撃) or retreat (撤退) provided it is not the last node of the map.