- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
The Exercise (演習) menu can be accessed from the Sortie (出撃) button on the main menu. Unlike the rest of the game, this section of the game is "PVP", where a random selection of 5 other players' fleet on the server can be fought twice a day.
- The exercise list will reset each day at 03 h and 15 h JST, for a total of 10 PVP battles a day.
- Flagship - Displays the opponent's current flagship.
- Name - Displays the opponent's name.
- Message - Displays the opponent's "Military Record menu message".
- HQ Level - Displays the opponent's HQ level.
- Medals - Displays the number of hard mode medals the opponent has.
- Result - Displays the result of the exercise. It will be blank until the opponent is fought.
- Matchmaking Mode - Allows to select which matchmaking mode for the next PVP session.
- See below for details.
- Fleet Preview - Displays the opponent's current fleet.
- This preview can change at anytime, even just after engaging this opponent.
- Opponent Information - Displays the opponent's current rank, total HQ experience, number of ships, equipment, and furniture.
- Challenge - Starts the exercise.
How to Exercise
- To begin an exercise, just click on the opponent to fight. This will bring up the opponent's information.
- Clicking on Challenge (演習を挑む) will bring up the fleets (all 4 can be used).
- Clicking on Begin Exercise (演習開始！) will start the exercise.
- Select a formation to begin combat.
- This step is the last chance to back out. Once a formation is selected, the battle result will be locked in and this opponent cannot be challenged again.
- If the exercise is canceled :
- Girls will not earn experience,
- PVP victory will not be counted in relevant quests.
- The flagship cannot be heavily damaged (大破).
- It is possible to deploy if an escort ship is heavily damaged, but it may result in that ship not receiving any EXP. See below for details.
- Since the daily quest list refreshes at 05 h JST, it is possible to "finish" the day's exercise quest by exercising between 03 h and 05 h. However, this will cause to have fewer battles for the next day (ending up using the next day's list early).
- The opposing fleet is the current 1st fleet of the opponent.
- The composition of that fleet is updated almost real-time. It is only confirmed after formation is selected.
- It happen to end up fighting a different fleet than what was presented in the opponent information menu.
- Plane Proficiency cannot be gained or lost in exercises.
- The opponents' fleets will always be at full HP and 0 plane proficiency regardless of their real status.
- wIt is not possible to have a rematch with an opponent twice in the same session.
- They can still be selected again during another session.
- Exercises cost as much as a normal combat node. That is 20% fuel and ammo.
- Girls cannot be sunk in exercises on both sides.
- They can be considered as "sunk" for experience gain and victory condition purposes.
- A girl's HP will never go below 1 HP, "sunk" girls being displayed with a single HP regardless of their actual health.
- When using a 3erd party viewer, it is possible to see the "real" health of a girl.
- This can lead to confusion as actual 1HP girls are still not considered "sunk" for the purposes of determining rank.
The three different matchmaking modes are as follows:
- Exercise Fleet (Group 1) (演習艦隊【第一群】): Opponents will be selected from those that have a higher HQ level. Fleets are generally tougher but will have better experience rewards.
- Exercise Fleet (Group 2) (演習艦隊【第二群】): Opponents with an equivalent HQ level are selected. Fleets will generally be evenly matched but provide less experience.
- Entire Server (全体): This is the original PvP matchmaking system and it is the default mode. Oppontents are selected as follows:
- 1 random player within the Top 1000 of the server.
- 3 players immediately above you in rankings.
- 1 player 10 places above you in rankings.
- When being within the Top 1000, it will just be 5 random players within the top 1000.
- It is possible to freely swap between matchmaking modes until 2 hours before PvP reset (01 h and 13 h JST).
- It is generally advised to use "Group 1" whenever possible because it will match with high-level players. They will generally have high-leveled ships that give the most exp.
The formation of the opponent's fleet is determined by a few factors:
- If the opponent has 3 or fewer ships in the fleet, their formation will be line ahead regardless of your composition. Otherwise:
- If you have a SS or SSV flagship and at least 1 other SS/SSV, their formation will be line abreast.
- If your opponent has a SS or SSV flagship, their formation will be echelon.
- If your opponent has a CV or CVL flagship and at least 5 ships, their formation will be diamond.
- Note that this means CV flagship of a 4-ship fleet will not be in diamond.
- In all other cases, their formation will be line ahead.
In case multiple criteria are met (for example, a fleet of 5 ships led by a CV facing a submarine-only fleet), the precedence is:
- Line abreast
- Echelon / Diamond (equal priority)
- Line ahead
So in the example given above, the enemy will be in line abreast.
Please see Experience and Rank for more details on the formula used for calculating experience earned in exercises.
The table below represents the post-cap experience without the rank multiplier depending on the 1st and 2nd ships of the opponent.
- The first column represents the flagship level and the first row is the 2nd ship level.
- The red numbers represent the 100s thresholds for experience.
- The numbers assumes a random integer of 0, as per the experience formula.
|Second ship level|
CT experience enhancement
- The bonus depends on their position in the fleet.
- The bonus depends on their level.
- Having a 2nd CT in the fleet will increase the bonus.
- See below for bonus values:
|CT Experience Bonus|
|Position||Level 1-9||Level 10-29||Level 30-59||Level 60-99||Level 100+||Notes|
|1CT flagship + 1CT||10%||13%||16%||20%||25%||Bonus determined by the level of the flagship|
|2CT non-flagship||4%||6%||8%||12%||17.5%||Bonus determined by the highest leveled training cruiser|
- If the sum of the opponent's first two ships's level is over 50, then a base experience of 500 can be expected.
- It is almost always worth doing exercises against powerful opponents. Even when losing badly, a significant amount of experience is gained from high level girls.
- Setting the matchmaker to "Group 1" will provide more powerful opponents on average.
- It is inadvisable to run carriers with bombers in exercises.
- Due to how powerful girl anti-air can be, it can cost between 200-500 bauxite when runing into a fleet with heavy AA.
- The flagship receives a significant bonus, this makes it a great way to level weak or expensive girls.
- Heavily damaged (大破) girls are subject to "sinking" just like in sorties.
- They will not be losed if they are "sunk" in exercises, but they will not earn any experience and will affect the rank.
- Formation triggers can be abused to get an easy fight.
- Eg. running submarines to neuter a fleet by forcing it into line abreast.
- It is inadvisable to do this too often as it is wasting experience that could go to more useful girls.
- Running a carrier loaded with fighters is advisable to gain air superiority and activate artillery spotting.
- Having a Saiun can also prevent Red T.
- When facing submarines, use line abreast formation and ASW ships.
- Adding a battleship to allow a 2nd round of shelling will help.
- Being able to OASW will make sumbmarine fleets trivial.
- When facing a heavy fleet, a full submarine fleet can be run to scrape a victory.
- Placing a surface ship as the flag can force the opponent into line ahead to neuter any ASW ships present.
- A single submarine can help tank light ships of the opponent's fleet.
Exercise Result Reports
When challenged in an exercise by another player, the results of the battle can be viewed by clicking the small blue arrow at the bottom of the home screen.
Reports marked with Exercise (演習) are the exercise reports. The result will either be:
- Victory (勝利)
- Defeat (敗北)
These results do not affect the personal win/loss ratio in the Military Record page.