|Home Port's Mechanics Portal|
|Marriage · Morale and Fatigue · Gifting · Supply
Repairs · Remodel · Modernization · Construction
|Development · Improvement · Fit Bonuses|
Speed · Range · Plane Proficiency
|Stats · Resources · Experience and Rank · Ranking|
- There are 484 equipent as of the 31/01/2023 update.
The main ways to acquire equipment are:
Equipment Icons & Types
Every piece of equipment in the game has an icon, regrouping them by type, giving a quick visual indicator of what a given equipment is.
- One icon can be shared with different equipment types.
- Some icons are used for a single equipment.
- Some equipment icons on the wiki will be displayed with "text" Text, indicating special notes like stats or sub-types of equipment.
For a better understanding of plane-related mechanics, see Aerial Combat.
- Fighters: provide air-power and shoot down opposing aircraft.
- Night Fighters: night battle capable fighters.
- Dive Bombers & Fighter-Bombers: have strong "shelling attack", and cannot attack Installations unless they are Anti-Installation Dive Bombers.
- Torpedo Bombers ("attackers"): have strong "preliminary attack".
- Night Torpedo Bomber: night battle capable torpedo bombers.
("Jet Fighter-Bombers"). They provide strong air-power and shelling attack, and also carry an initial "Jet Assault".
- Reconnaissance Aircraft boost accuracy and LoS greatly, enabling contact in the right conditions.
- Bombers, act like dive bombers/torpedo bombers:
- Interceptors/Fighters, act like fighters, with some being more suited for interception, and others as fighter-escort:
- Navy fighters.
- Rocket Interceptors are very strong interceptors, providing an interception synergy boost to LBAS.
- Army fighters.
- Navy fighters.
- LB Reconnaissance Aircraft
: boost accuracy and LoS greatly and act as "range extenders".
- Seaplane Fighters: act like fighters.
- Large Flying Boats
: only participate in bombing if other planes are present, and are only equipable by few AVs. On LBAS, they mostly act as range extenders. The PBY-5A Catalina have an additional crew recovery mechanic.
- Naval Guns
- Main Guns. Primarily used for surface combat:
- Secondary Guns (surface): increase Accuracy and AA stats, and also trigger some combat mechanics.
- High-Angle Guns (dual-purpose): anti-aircraft focused guns.
- Small Small Caliber Main High-Angle Guns: act like small main guns with AA boost.
- Medium Medium Main High-Angle Guns: act like Medium main guns with AA boost.
- Sec Secondary High-Angle Guns: act like secondary guns with AA boost.
- Sp_Sec Large Secondary (High-Angle) Guns: are only equipable on larger ships.
- AA Machine Guns // AA Rocket Launchers
, specifically attack aircraft and trigger a tracer-fire effect.
- Torpedoes: are used to enable powerful special attacks and cut-ins.
- Minisub Midget Submarines
: they trigger an opening torpedo salvo. They do not count as regular torpedoes and so cannot trigger any relevant cut-in.
- Depth Charges: bombs set to detonate at a specific depth, crippling submarines:
- Sonars: are required for better ASW efficiency, and provide some evasion boost against torpedoes:
- Radars provide increased accuracy and LoS:
- Submarine Equipment: are exclusive to submarines and have a similar effect as regular radars.
: provide an accuracy boost and increase the cut-in chance in night battle, but result in the ship carrying them being more focused,
- Star Shell : reduce the enemy cut-in chance and increase allied cut-in rates.
- Skilled Lookouts
: increase the cut-in chance and accuracy against light enemies and unlock new cut-ins.
- Landing Craft: are used for Expeditions and Sortie to increase resource gain, for Transport Operations, and for Anti-Installation. Some sub-types have greater effectiveness for some of those uses:
- Tanks : have a similar use to Landing Craft, with a lesser use for resource gain and the greatest effectiveness against Installations.
- Drums : are needed for some Expeditions and routing, and are used in Transport Operations.
- AA Fire Directors
: give an AA boost and are used in some AACI.
- Extra Armors: increase armor:
- Engine Improvements // Speed modifiers
: increase evasion, and when combined, also provide a boost to ship's speed.
- Ship Repair Facility : enable special Repairs in relevant situations.
- Aviation Personnel: aviation-related special equipment, with:
- Command Facilities
allow for ships in a fleet to be evacuated when critically damaged:
- Saiun (Disassembled for Transport) .