- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- If you have any questions regarding site content, account registration, etc., please visit the KanColle Wiki Discord
|Home Port's Mechanics Portal|
|Marriage · Morale and Fatigue · Gifting · Supply
Repairs · Remodel · Modernization · Construction
|Development · Improvement · Fit Bonuses|
Speed · Range · Plane Proficiency
|Stats · Resources · Experience and Rank · Ranking|
Construction is accessible from the Arsenal menu. It allows you to build new ship girls. Note that not all ship girls are available from construction. Some are drops from normal maps, others are event exclusive. See below for details.
For a more comprehensive list of construction recipes and rates, please see PoiDB's construction page.
Construction results are independent of HQ level and are solely determined by the amount of resources and devmats used. It is sometimes more resource efficient to find your desired ship in sorties as a drop rather than building them, farming ships through sorties also has the added benefit of training your ships.
Large Ship Construction
Large Ship Construction (LSC) allows you to build rarer ships in exchange for more resource inputs. Recipes range from 1500-7000 Fuel and Ammo ; 2000-7000 Steel and 1000-7000 Bauxite . Each attempt costs either 1, 20 or 100 development materials . Speeding up construction costs 10 instant construction .
LSC is unlocked by completing two quests:
- Complete Modernization Quest: You will be required to successfully modernize a ship 4 times.
- Complete Crafting Quest: You will be required to scrap equipment four times (i.e. perform the scrap action four times, **not** scrap four pieces of equipment)
According to the official Twitter, having empty construction docks very slightly increases the chances of obtaining rarer ships. This statement has not been fully tested yet.
Unlike normal construction, certain ships require specific flagships in order to be built. For example, constructing Saratoga requires either Kamoi or Iowa (both american-made ships).
Some ships require a specific Secretary (1st fleet flagship) in order to be crafted.
- For any other construction, the Secretary is independent of the crafting result.
|Special Construction Requirements|
|Required Secretary||Ship added to craft pool||Notes|
|Quest D8 MUST be completed first.|
|Kongou must be Kai Ni/C|
The times below reflect the type of ship or specific ship you will obtain after hitting the build button.
, Ayanami class
, Akatsuki class
, Hatsuharu class
, Asashio class
|Submarine||I-168, I-58, I-8|
(including Yukikaze and Akigumo), Type 1934 class
|01:00:00||Light Cruiser||Tenryuu class
, Kuma class
, Nagara, Natori, Yura, Sendai class
|Agano, Noshiro, Yahagi, (Sakawa is unbuildable)||LSC|
|Heavy Cruiser||Furutaka class
, Aoba class
|01:15:00||Light Cruiser||Kinu, Abukuma|
|01:20:00||Heavy Cruiser||Myoukou class
|01:25:00||Heavy Cruiser||Takao class
|01:30:00||Mogami, Suzuya, Kumano, Tone class
|02:00:00||Light Aircraft Carrier||Houshou|
|02:20:00||Seaplane Tender||Chitose, Chiyoda|
|02:30:00||Amphibious Assault Ship||Akitsu Maru||LSC|
|02:40:00||Light Aircraft Carrier||Shouhou, Zuihou|
|03:20:00||Aircraft Carrying Submarine||I-401||LSC|
|04:00:00||Fast Battleship||Kongou class
|04:10:00||Regular Aircraft Carrier||Souryuu, Hiryuu|
|Regular Aircraft Carrier||Kaga|
|Regular Aircraft Carrier||Akagi|
|05:30:00||Regular Aircraft Carrier||Saratoga||LSC|
|06:00:00||Regular Aircraft Carrier||Shoukaku, Zuikaku|
|06:40:00||Armored Aircraft Carrier||Taihou||LSC|
- Some ships are rewarded in Quests.
- Several ships are currently dropable for a limited time, see here.
- Some ships may become buildable in future updates.
- These recipes are not guaranteed to give the exact ship wanted in any reasonable number of crafting attempts.
- Percentages listed are sourced from the drop databases and may not be representative of the real craft rates.
- Some ships require special Secretary to be crafted (see here).
|30||30||30||30||Mainly common destroyers and light cruisers. No rare destroyers. Small chance of Akigumo, Yayoi, & Yuubari.|
|250||30||200||30||Heavy cruisers, submarines, rare light Cruisers, and rare destroyers. Small chance to yield training cruiser Katori.
Includes chance of rare destroyers (Shimakaze, Yukikaze) and submarines (I-168, I-58, I-8).
|400||100||600||30||BB (32.01%), CA (57.93%), CL (7.38%).|
|300||30||400||300||Most common recipe. 7.9% chance for carriers. 32.3% light carrier |
Minimum amount needed to possibly create a CV/CVL according to KC Kai data.
|350||30||400||350||8.5% < 500 entries|
|300||30||600||400||14.3% < 500 entries|
|350||30||600||350||11.9% carrier, 32.7% light carrier |
Large Ship Construction Recipe
| This section is outdated and needs updating.
Some recipes and percentages are missing and outdated. Potential misinformation.
Those recipes are still viable.
|Ships||Kancolle DB Report||UnlockACGWebPro Report|
|Any||Any||Any||Any||Any||Maruyu||14.9%% with 1.5/1.5/2/1
6.2% with 4/6/6/2
Using fewer resources increases rates
|3.2% Nagato 6.2% Mutsu
3.2% Agano 2.1% Noshiro 1.7% Yahagi
2.1% Mikuma 3.0% Suzuya 3.2% Kumano
|4000||2000||5000||7000||20||Taihou||6.7% (1257 reports)||5.2% (5805 reports)|
|4000||2000||5000||6000||20||Taihou||6.5% (490 reports)||5.7% (4231 reports)|
|4000||2000||5000||5200||20||Taihou||5.4% (1318 reports)||5.0% (13847 reports)|
|6.0%Taihou (55 results)
8.6% Akitsumaru (78 results)
|3.3% Yamato (50 results)
1.8% Musashi (28 results)
0.8% Bismarck (13 results)
Bismarck when using Z1 or Z3.
|2.7% Yamato (594 results)|
3.0% Musashi (681 results)
|3.4% Bismarck (85 results)|
|2.8% Yamato (104 results)
5.6% Musashi (209 results)
0.4% Bismarck (16 results)
Bismarck when using Z1 or Z3
|2.6% Yamato (165 results)|
5.9% Musashi (380 results)
|3.8% Bismarck (35 results)|
|1||I-401||3.2% Yamato (27 results)|
4.1% I-401 (34 results)
|2.7% Yamato (271 results)|
7.2% Musashi (721 results)
|1.3% Yamato (44 results)
2.1% Musashi (70 results)
6.2% Bismarck (212 results)
Bismarck when using Z1 or Z3
|2.1% Yamato (295 results)|
3.9% Musashi (543 results)
|7.2% Bismarck (598 results)|
|2.2% Yamato (253 results)
1.6% Musashi (186 results)
1.8% Bismarck (208 results)
0.9% I-401 (108 results)
Bismarck when using Z1 or Z3
|2.5% Yamato (1145 results)|
2.9% Musashi (1301 results)
1.4% I-401 (613 results)
|3.7% Bismarck (268 results)|
|1||I-401||2.5% Yamato (465 results)|
4.3% I-401 (793 results)
|4000||5900||6000||2000||1||I-401||4.17% (1083 reports)||4.98% (241 reports)|
|4000||7000||7000||3000||1||I-401||6.86% (306 reports)|
|3000||4000||4000||2000||1||Zara||Libeccio or Pola as Secretary||Missing|
|Saratoga requires either Kamoi or Iowa as Secretary||Missing|
|7000||7000||7000||3000||20||Warspite||Kongou Kai Ni/C as Secretary||Lacking data|
|4000||2000||5000||5200||20||Ark Royal||Warspite as Secretary||Lacking data|
- Based on Poi-Statistics reports unless otherwise specified. Results may vary.
- Kancolle DB reports include all development materials and Secretary used. This is especially noticeable for BB recipes where the number of attempts with/without Z1/Z3 skew the results towards either Bismarck or Yamato-class significantly. However, since the data sets are still significantly less biased than wikiwiki reports, it gives a better idea of what to expect.
- Bismarck and Musashi do not appear with 1 dev mat. I-401 chances are improved with 1 dev mat. Yamato appears with all dev mat inputs. Aiming for Bismarck before Musashi can help save both resources and devmats as Musashi can always appear from a Bismarck attempt, but not necessarily the other way around (if a german ship is not used).