- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
- 1 World 5-1: 南方海域前面 The Forefront of the Southern Sea
- 2 World 5-2: 珊瑚諸島沖 The Coral Islands
- 3 World 5-3: サブ島沖海域 Sav Island
- 4 World 5-4: サーモン海域 Salmon Sea Area
- 5 World 5-5:【Extra Operation】サーモン海域北方 Northern Salmon Sea Area
World 5-1: 南方海域前面 The Forefront of the Southern Sea
|E node requires 312/156FP for AS+/AS|
|Sortie||A|| Having at least 2 CA(V) will always send you to node A.|
Otherwise, there is a 75% chance to go to node B instead.
|C||E|| Having at least 2 DD will always send you to node H|
Otherwise, there is a 75% chance to go to node E instead.
|H||E|| Having at least 2 CA(V) will always send you to node I.|
Otherwise, there is a 80% chance to go to node E instead.
- 2CA/CAV to guarantee sortie start→A, and H→I (boss) route
- 2DD for C→H.
- As such, 2CA2DD2XX guarantees boss routing
- Node D is an all sub node, Node A has 2/3 chance of having one sub, and Boss Node I 1/3 chance of having one sub
- Equipping at least one ship for a preemptive anti-sub attack may assist with clearing the latter nodes by eliminating the lone sub, leaving all ships to focus on the surface ships during shelling phase.
- It's possible to level DDs here instead of at 4-3. A fleet of 6DD arrives arrive at the sub node 75% of the time.
- This is also risky, as the other 25% runs into heavy enemy fleets..
- The maelstrom will result in increased fuel costs compared to 4-3.
- Monthly Quest: "Surface Strike Fleet" to the South! (Bm4) Advice:
- This quest requires three slow battleships (or BBVs), exactly one light cruiser, and two other ships, with an S-Rank at the boss node
- For branching reasons, those two other ships should either be CAs or CAVs
- Enemy carriers can easily take AS against a fleet without seaplane bombers, leaving your fleet open to enemy artillery spotting.
- Carrying seaplane bombers means that BBVs and CAVs are forced to attack submarines, which may make it difficult to achieve the necessary S-rank at the boss node.
- Using a seaplane fighter and a recon plane on BBVs and CAVs allows them to artillery spot while contributing air power to take AS
- 3 BBVs and 2 CAVs equipped with seaplane fighters and/or bombers allows for AS to be taken easily, at the risk of being forced to attack the Ka-class flagship at the boss node.
- Double line formation is an ideal formation, allowing for both ASW and surface combat
- ASW performance in Double Line is not as strong as that of Line Abreast, so a dedicated-ASW setup is highly recommended. A preemptive anti-sub attack setup can add additional benefit. A high-level Abukuma Kai Ni can achieve this while retaining her preemptive torpedo strike capability, although torpedo strength & accuracy would be reduced due to the use of Double Line formation.
Nodes and Enemy Encounters
World 5-2: 珊瑚諸島沖 The Coral Islands
|5-2 All Nodes|
Having 2 CV and 1 CVL (not more, not less) will always send you to node B. Otherwise, there is a 75% chance to go to node F instead.
|G||E|| Having 2CV + 1CVL will always send you to node E.|
With 2-3 CV there is a 95% chance to go to node E.
Otherwise, there is a 75% chance to go to node H instead.
Having at least 1CAV will always send you to node H. Otherwise, there is a 80% chance to go to node J instead.
- Killing the boss will bring down map meter 25%. You need to defeat the boss 4 times, and she will turn into a stronger form in the last battle. Map meter does not regenerate.
- Considering the difficulty of the map compared to others, this is a very good map to train on if you are bored with 3-2. Bar Node G, you can intentionally send fleets to get you to node J and generally defeat easy fleet comps. This is not resource or repair friendly though (since you will get damaged one way or another).
Nodes and Enemy Encounters
World 5-3: サブ島沖海域 Sav Island
|5-3 (Pre-Final & Final)|
|E node and cleared form require 113FP for AS|
|A||B|| A fleet with only fast ships will always take you to node C|
Otherwise (at least one slow ship) 80% chance of node B
|D||E|| 3 BB or more will always take you to dead end node E|
A fleet with CV/CVL is almost guaranteed to go to dead end node E
A fleet with 2 CA/CAV + 1CL almost always goes to node F
Otherwise it's random with a low chance to go to dead end node E
|I||K|| A fleet with 2 DD will almost always go to boss node K|
Otherwise about 75% chance of dead end node J
- Regarding the map:
- Support expeditions cannot trigger on night battle nodes. All nodes en route to the boss are night battle only. A standard support expedition will not be triggered.
- Bringing a boss support expedition is an option, as the support fleet can greatly damage or even outright destroy the enemy Wa-Class Elite.
- You cannot reach the boss node with any carrier in fleet (will be sent to node E).
- With 2DDs in fleet, you will always reach boss from I. Without them, you have about 75% chance of drifting away from it.
- Sinking the Wa-class Elite at the boss node lowers the boss gauge by 20%. You therefore need do this 5 times to clear the map.
- Recommended Fleet Setup / Equipment:
- Any fleet that uses 2+DD, no carriers, no more than 2 BBs, and all ships being fast ship.
- Examples: 2DD+2CA(V)+2FBB, 3CLT+1CA(V)+2DD...
- A major consideration in forming a fleet is the presence of the submarine at the boss, which will draw attacks from seaplane-bomber equipped ships in addition to the usual CL(T)s and DDs
- You can utilize Akitsu Maru for air superiority, though you will have a high chance of going to the dangerous submarine node, as she is a slow ship. You can also combine this with other slow ships.
- An example is Akitsu Maru+2BB+1CA(V)+2DD.
- It's also possible to use a submarine-only fleet; this fleet can get to pre-boss rather easily, accepting a D loss at node B. However, it also has a high chance of being offrouted to node J from the penultimate node I. This option is very light on resources and allows for short repair times.
- A modified version of this uses 4SS(V)+2DD; if the DDs survive node I, boss routing is guaranteed. However, non-ASW capable ships will focus on them, making this a risky (if cheap) choice.
- Despite all nodes being night-battle only, it is not recommended to bring night-battle cut-in setups (e.g. torpedo setups) on any ship. Enemies faced in this map can easily be sunk by less-powerful but more consistent double attack setups.
- Unless you are trying to take AS, there is almost no reason to use recon seaplanes (with the exception of the night recon plane) since you will always be at Air Denial.
- It is possible to get AP or AS with seaplane bombers, but this would result in those ships carrying seaplane bombers targeting the submarine at the boss first, which can be highly problematic. It is therefore not recommended to use seaplane bombers.
- Now that seaplane fighters (e.g. Ro.44 Seaplane Fighter) recieve fighter veterancy, taking AP or even AS with CAVs and/or Littorio-Class FBBs is now possible at the boss, though such a setup carries the risks of unfavorable routing to F and high costs of bringing the FBB.
- Avoiding the use of seaplane bombers, two seaplane fighters will secure AP (47 FP required), three will take AS (71 FP required). Such a setup would entail two red guns, a seaplane fighter, and a recon plane (not a seaplane bomber) on each CAV and the FBB.
- It may be wise to equip some night battle equipment (Star Shell, Searchlight, Type 98 Recon Seaplane (Night Scout)) since all nodes en route to the boss are night-battle only. However, note the following:
- Searchlight holders have a higher chance to be targeted and also to be hit, possibly increasing the odds of having to retreat.
- While it will work at the en route nodes, Type 98 Recon Seaplane (Night Scout) will never activate at the boss under air denial conditions.
- Before you clear the map, the boss node always has a flagship submarine. Therefore, the firing order and the equipment of your ships that are ASW-capable must be thought out, as CL/CLT/DDs are useless at night battle if the submarine is still alive (submarines only take scratch at battles which progress to night).
- Remember that all submarines take regular damage at night battle if the node is night-battle only.
- Unless you need S rank for drops, you do not need to destroy the Hime and can bring a lighter fleet to deal with the Wa-class Elite for map clear purpose. Keep in mind of the ASW-aspect of the ships if you do this, however.
Nodes and Enemy Encounters
World 5-4: サーモン海域 Salmon Sea Area
|* FINO Route does not require FP until Final/Cleared form|
|Sortie||A|| Having at least 2 CV(L)s will take you to node A.|
Equipping at least 3 ships with Drum Canisters and having no more than 1 CV and no more than 1 CLT will take you to node C.
Otherwise will take you to node B.
|A||D|| Fleet with only fast ships will take you to node E.|
Otherwise random with 95% to node D (maelstrom).
|L||M|| Node N if you took the B route
Node M if you took the C route
|H||J|| Having 4 Drum Canisters equipped will take you to boss node through M.|
otherwise will random between deadend node J or K
- Like 5-3, you must sink the boss battle flagship 5 times to complete the map.
- Clearing this map with a Submarine Fleet consisting of 5-6SS is possible; However, there is a high chance that your SS won't hit the Flagship in the boss node.
- Using level 60+ SS (with at least maxed armor and torpedo stat) is advised, since there are several flagship DD and CL equipped with sonars and depth charges..
- Nodes G and I are night battles.
- Node I is a submarine node.
- Node H contains Carrier Demons while nodes K and N contain Carrier Princesses
- For farming rare ships, Admiral exp or just boss kills to unlock 5-5, recommended formation is a flagship that can carry 4 drums (Yuubari, Ooyodo, CAV), any combination of 3 FBBs and/or CLTs, and 2 CVs. With this formation you only need to fight Nodes A and H before reaching the boss. Using Diamond formation at Node H also reduces the chances of enemy ships targeting your flagship.
Nodes and Enemy Encounters
World 5-5:【Extra Operation】サーモン海域北方 Northern Salmon Sea Area
|START||A||Conditions for B not met|
|B||5+ drums across four or more ships|
|A||C||Slow fleet without exactly 1 CVL and 2 CV|
|D||Fleet has exactly 1 CVL and 2 CV (Fast or Slow fleet), or all fast ships|
|E||L||Random. ~20% chance|
|N||If not L|
|N||If not H|
|I||G||If not H|
|H||Random. High chance with slow fleet.|
|K||J||If not M|
|M||2+SS or any DDs|
- You must sink the Boss Standard Carrier Wo-class Kai Flagship 5 times to clear the map.
- Clearing this map rewards 1 medal and 200 points for ranking. The boss HP bar is reset at midnight of the beginning of each month, allowing the reward to be obtained again.
- Nodes C, H, K and M are night battles.
- Having 4 ships capable of equipping Drum Canisters (DD/CL/CAV) and a total of 5 Drum Canisters will take you to node B. Other compositions will always take you to node A.
- Fleet with 3 SS or more will take you to node F, where there are enemy CLs and DDs with ASW.
- Fleet with only fast ships will take you to node D. It is possible to bring slow ships if the fleet has 2 CV and 1 CVL. Other compositions will take you to node C, where you will meet 6 enemy SS in night battle.
- The classical compositions tend to vary, with 2FBB 4CV, 1FBB 5CV, and 2CV 1CVL 3BB all being relatively common, travelling to the boss via A-D-E-N
- The 2CV+1CVL route allows you to bring a slow fleet
- Alternatively, reinforcement expansions allow you to increase the speed of a slow BB to fast, eliminating the need to bring a CVL
- Remember that remodeled Littorio-Class FBBs, Nagato-Class BBs, and Yamato-class BBs can carry seaplane fighters to offer supplementary air power in exchange for carrying an AP shell
- There is a sub at the boss node. Getting S rank at the boss is possible, but not always recommended. It is advisable to ignore the sub and just settle for an A or B rank.
- An alternate route to the boss via A-F-G-N is also possible, and requires exactly three submarines (more than three subs offroutes to H). Ro-500, I-401, and I-58 (all remodelled) are all recommended here for their night-battle CI capability.
- This system offers guaranteed routing (compared to the random offroute chance of A-D-E-N), reduced repair and resupply costs (Re-Classes target submarines), and a greater chance of surviving Re-Elite's torpedo (by forcing it to shoot at only the heaviest ships available)
- On the other hand, it can sometimes struggle to kill the boss, and may require node support.
- 3BB+3SS is an older composition, using the heaviest battleships available.
- Fighter proficiency now allows a 3SS+BB+2CV(B) fleet to take AS, but may require both Shokaku and Zuikaku
- This map is one the most difficult extra operations, fleet sparkling and Support Expeditions are highly recommended.
Nodes and Enemy Encounters
|Node||Destroyer||Light Cruiser||Heavy Cruiser||Seaplane Tender||Aircraft Carrier||Submarine||Battleship|
|A||Shiratsuyu, Mochizuki, Kagero, Mutsuki, Shigure, Suzukaze||Yura||Chikuma, Haguro, Maya||Ryuujou||Hiei, Kirishima|
|D||Ayanami, Shikinami, Shiratsuyu, Kagerou, Mutsuki, Suzukaze, Mochizuki, Shigure||Yura, Jintsuu||Haguro, Tone, Takao, Chikuma, Maya||Chitose||Ryuujou||Hiei, Kirishima|
|E||Shigure, Suzukaze, Mochizuki, Shiratsuyu, Mutsuki, Kagerou, Maikaze, Akigumo, Ayanami||Yura, Nagara||Myoukou, Maya, Chikuma, Takao||Chitose||Ryuujou||Hiei|
|N||Uzuki||Yura, Nagara||Atago||Chitose||Shoukaku||Kirishima, Hiei|