Ship Type Identification
||High evasion, low resource consumption, & ASW-capable, but lacks armor & firepower.
||Very flexible. Utilizes medium main guns, ASW, & artillery spotting.
||Can equip Type A Ko-hyoteki to enable the opening torpedo attack.
||Stronger in surface combat than light cruisers at the expense of ASW.
||A CA that is capable of initiating fighter combat to enable artillery spotting & ASW via seaplane bombers.
||Utilizes high-caliber main guns, heavy armor, & the second shelling phase. Lacks ASW & torpedo attacks.
||The Kongou-class & Bismarck. Has faster repair times.
||Has ASW via seaplane bombers & can initiate fighter combat to enable artillery spotting.
||Standard Aircraft Carrier
||Achieves air superiority by fighters. Cannot attack during night battle. Must equip with bombers to enable regular attacks.
||Armored Aircraft Carrier
||Armored Aircraft Carriers can still attack with moderate hull damage.
||Light Aircraft Carrier
||Weaker than standard carriers, but capable of attacking submarines.
||The Chitose-class' basic form and Mizuho. Can participate in all day attack stages given the correct setup.
||Limited to both torpedo phases & night battle. Only ships with ASW can attack them.
||Submarine Aircraft Carrier
||Some submarines can equip seaplanes.
||Amphibious Assault Ship
||Akitsu Maru comes with a Daihatsu, which increases resource gain from expeditions.
||Akashi can repair ships while idle. Explained on her page.
||Taigei is weak, but enables superior pathing in 6-1.
||Hayasui can refuel ships mid-sortie and functions as a small AV/CVL.
- '*' Abbreviations are derived rather than official
- Battleships & Fast Battleships share the hull classification, BB.
- Light Aircraft Carriers & Standard Aircraft Carriers are termed 正規空母, or Fleet Carriers, to distinguish them from Escort Carriers or other carrier types. This term sometimes refers only to Standard Aircraft Carriers.
- There are 167 kanmusu (sans remodels & class changes) as of the November 18th, 2015 update.
- Firepower , Torpedo , Anti Air , Armor , & Luck can be upgraded by Modernization.
- Firepower , Torpedo , Anti Air , Armor , Anti-Submarine , Line of Sight , & Evasion will improve from leveling up.
- Marrying a ship will increase her HP , Luck , & level cap. The increase in level cap allows the ship to have higher Anti-Submarine , Evasion , & Line of Sight .
- Ship remodel
- 改 (Kai), in Japanese, stands for Modified, Revised, Improved, or Altered. It's used on all single remodelled ships.
- ニ (Ni), in Japanese, stands for the number 2 or Second. It's applied in combination with 改 to ships with a second remodel.
- Zwei, in German, stands for the number 2 or Second. It's applied alone to ships with a second remodel.
- Drei, in German, stands for the number 3 or Third. It's applied alone to ships with a third remodel.
- Although German kanmusu have a 改, they omit it with Zwei & Drei.
- Top-Left: Common
- Bottom-Right: Ultra-rare
- Based on Kanmusu Catalog, the ships' rarity classifications are the following: C>SC>R>SR>H>SH
Note that other than background color, the metallic symbol on the top left corner may also identify rarity.