- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
Morale and Fatigue
Morale/Fatigue is a hidden statistic within the game. Each ship has their own morale value. It ranges from 0 to 100 and has various boosts and penalties associated with it.
- Morale ↑ = Fatigue ↓
Fatigue occurs at low morale. Ships with enough rest will have a morale value of 49. A value above 50 is commonly known as the "sparkle" effect.
Morale automatically regenerates at 3 points every 3 minutes (like fuel, steel and ammo) until it reaches 49. After the 4/23 update, Morale will now regenerate for the time spent on a sortie upon return to base. This operates under same conditions as normal regeneration.
Below are the indications of your ship state. Specific effects will be explained below. Note that the icons do not directly match the actual buff states!
|Morale value||Indication||Ship State|
|100~50||The ship's image generates the "sparkling" effect.||High Morale ("Sparkling")|
|49~40||The ships are in their normal state.||Normal|
|39~30||The ships look normal, but the "Mamiya Food Ship" button in Organize/編成 page is flashing.||Slightly Fatigued|
|29~20||An orange smiley face is shown by your ship image in the Organize/編成 page.||Moderately Fatigued|
|19~0||A red smiley face is shown by your ship image in the Organize/編成 page.||Seriously Fatigued|
- Morale updates after each battle. For example, when your ships sortie at 49 morale:
- The 1st MVP ship will receive a double evasion and hit rate buff in the 2nd battle (59 morale for rank A or higher at previous battle)
- The flagship will receive a double evasion and hit rate buff at the 2nd battle if the first battle was an S-Rank (+1) and no Night Battle was entered (53 morale).
- It is only possible for a ship to sink if it enters a battle node at heavy damage; Morale does not have a direct role in this. However, Moderately or Seriously fatigued ships suffer severe penalties that are exacerbated with longer sorties. It is highly recommended to not sortie your demoralized ships unless you are only farming one node and/or do not care about performance.
Below is a table of morale modifier in terms of morale value. +10 morale = -10 fatigue Morale has a maximum value of 100.
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining MVP in a battle||+10|
|Sortie/PVP||Entering battle as flagship of a fleet||+3|
|Sortie/PVP||Entering a battle starting with a night battle||+1|
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining Battle Rank S/Perfect S||+1|
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining Battle Rank A||±0|
|PVP||Returning from a PVP battle||±0|
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining Battle Rank B||-1|
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining Battle Rank C||-2|
|Sortie/PVP||Obtaining Battle Rank D/E||-3|
|Sortie/PVP||Transitioning from Day Battle to Night Battle||-2|
|Sortie/PVP||Entering battle with morale less than 30||-6|
|Expedition||Returning from a normal expedition||-3|
|Expedition||Returning from Support Expedition #33||-1~5|
|Expedition||Returning from Support Expedition #34||-1~10|
|Sortie||Returning from a sortie||-15|
|Sortie||Returning from a sortie including ships with 30 or less morale||-30|
|Other||Newly constructed ships||morale starts at 40|
|Other||Ships obtained from sorties||morale starts at 40|
|Other||Remodeled ships||morale resets to 40|
|Other||Docking repair completed||reset to 40 only if morale is 0~39|
|Other||Using Mamiya Food Ship (case 1)||reset to 40 if morale is 0~39|
|Using Mamiya Food Ship (case 2)||reset to 50 if morale is 40~49|
|Other||Natural morale regen||+3 morale per 3 minutes, until reaching 49|
It takes about 20 minutes to go from zero to orange and another 10 to go from orange to normal.
Food Supply Ship "Irako"
Irako is a purchasable item, but she can also be obtained from the following missions:
- Bm2: rewards Food supply ship "Irako" × 1
- Bm3: rewards Food supply ship "Irako" × 1
- F16: rewards Food supply ship "Irako" × 4 (one-time only)
- Mamiya removes fatigue, whereas Irako will also raise a number of ships' morale to sparkle status.
- Mamiya and Irako can be used simultaneously to raise all ships in a fleet to sparkle status.
- Irako's sparkling effect will work better on smaller ships, though there are exceptions with certain large ships being affected more so than others.
Gaining morale with maximum efficiency and minimum cost
You may want to sparkle ships before sending them on an expedition (to increase chances for great success) or on a sortie (to double their evasion). Here is list of easy ways to keep morale up. You may have unwanted drops that aren't used before being scrapped or consumed; you can use them as a shield to assist in sparkling sorties and not resupply them, then change your flagship to sparkle as required.
Grinding for morale at 1-1 is easy; all you need to do is send a ship and complete two nodes, almost all ship types can do this no matter their level. However, compared to the tactic for 1-5 below, it takes time. 6 battles (3 runs) for maximum morale.
In all cases, set the ship you want sparkled as the flagship, and after following these steps do a two-node run of 1-1. Do NOT enter night battles, even if you've only won with a B or A; the primary source of Morale is from getting MVP. It will usually take ~3 runs to reach maximum or near-maximum morale.
- Low Level DD (lv3~19)
- Give your flagship your best gear (probably 12.7cm Twin Gun Mount x 2).
- Assign 3~5 unused and unmodernized level 1 DDs you have lying around to the fleet.
- Remove their gear (to prevent them from stealing MVP).
- Use Double Line at 1st node to prevent any ships except for the flagship from scoring a 1-hit kill.
- if it is still too hard for the flagship to get MVP, decrease the number of ships (minimum of 4 to use Double Line).
- High Level DD (>>lv20), CL, CA, BB
- Give your flagship your best gear
- Assign 1~2 unused level 1 DD/SS(lv1~9)/AV/CLs. Remove their gear.
- If you want to make high level DDs sparkle, don't use CLs to fill your fleet: they will attack first because of their longer range and have a chance of stealing MVP.
- Give your flagship torpedo bombers (CVs, CVLs) or Zuiuns (BBV, CAV)
- Set 1~2 unused level 1 DD/SS(lv1~9)/AV/CL/CV(L)/BB. Remove their gear.
Grinding 1-5 for morale is more advanced. You will probably need ASW gear, and some admirals dislike 1-5 because defeating the boss provides a large amount of Admiral experience, pushing your HQ level up uncontrollably. 1-5 Morale Grinding is faster than at 1-1, only 4 battles (1-2 runs) are needed to obtain near-maximum.
For players with highly trained DDs / CLs that have an ASW that is equal to or over 100 or Isuzu Kai Ni they can use that map as a way to train ships more effecently to regain morale.
It should be noted that this strategy can only be used to sparkle ships capable of attacking Subs.
- Low Level HQ (under 40)
- Set the ship to be sparkled as your flagship. At this level it is possible to sparkle any of the classes capable of attacking subs (DD, CL, CLT, CAV, CVL, BBV).
- Make sure your flagship has the highest ASW in the group.
- Add 3 ships: DD, CL(T), CVL, BB(V). Since only the boss node has an opening torpedo attack, you can safely use your main ships to increase their experience.
- If your flagship is a DD, use Double Line at the 1st node to prevent a 1-hit kill by any ship other than the flagship (otherwise they will attack last due to their short range). Otherwise, use Line Abreast.
- Go home after the 3rd node.
- If you want more morale per run, you can advance to the boss node (assuming your fleet meets the conditions).
- If your fleet didn't reach the boss node, restart the program or refresh your browser (refreshing too much might result in a ban).
- High Level HQ (40+)
- Set the ship to be sparkled as your flagship. At this level, it is only possible DDs, CLs and CLTs.
- Equip your flagship with your best ASW gear.
- Add 3 (or more) unused ships (DDs, CLs or CVLs), and add 1 unused BB for a 2nd shelling phase.
- Use double line at 1st node to prevent a 1 hit kill by ships other than the than flagship if your flagship is a DD, other wise use line abreast.
- Pray to the RNG to not hit your flagship with the opening torpedo.
- Go home after the 3rd node.
- If you want more morale per run, you can advance to boss node (assuming your fleet meets the conditions). Pray to the RNG that the boss doesn't hit you again, as it is extremely accurate at this level.
Day Battle S Victory in Exercises
- By obtaining a battle rank S in PvP exercises without entering night battle, your flagship will gain 4 morale, while your other ships will gain only 1. The MVP of the battle will receive an additional 10 morale.
- If your ships are fully rested and have a morale of 49, by gaining +1 morale from battle rank S their morale will become 50, which produces the sparkle effect. This can be useful for giving the sparkle effect quickly to ships for a long expedition.
- Note that 50 morale, even though it is visibly sparkling, the ship will not recieve any buffs in sorties (Only the flagship (53 morale) and MVP ship (60 morale) will actually have the accuracy/evasion buff).
- If you enter night battle or only achieve A rank, only the flagship and MVP will receive the morale boost.