- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
Artillery Spotting is a means of increasing the damage your ships deal and their accuracy during the day, and manifests in either a double attack or a cut-in.
The following are universal requirements for a ship to perform artillery spotting:
- At least one slot of seaplanes must be equipped.
- Air superiority or supremacy must be achieved that battle.
- Ships cannot perform these while heavily damaged (大破).
The following ships are unable to perform artillery spotting either because of a 0 plane capacity or the inability to equip any appropriate setups.
- All destroyers
- Torpedo cruisers (Kitakami, Ooi and Kiso Kai Ni)
- Certain light cruisers (Isuzu Kai Ni, Tenryuu, Tatsuta and Yuubari)
- All carriers
- Auxiliary vessels Akashi and Akitsu Maru
- The slot order does not matter, though be mindful that putting your planes in a ship's largest slot can improve your chances of triggering a special attack.
- When neither special attack is triggered, the ship will just do a single attack, dealing 100% damage.
- The flagship has ~15% higher chance in triggering Artillery Spotting.
- Losing Air Supremacy (AS+) to Air Superiority (AS) will lower the trigger chances by ~12%. Higher penalty for mixed attack.
- Higher fleet total LoS (Line of Sight) will slightly increase the chances, around 5% ~ 10% per 100 additional FLoS. Notice that FLoS equals to the sum of LoS stats from all the ships in your fleet. Bonuses from equipment are included in the calculation.
- Certain equipment set-ups provide a higher chance of triggering.