- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
Artillery Spotting is a means of increasing the damage your ships deal and their accuracy during the day, and manifests in either a double attack or a cut-in.
The following are universal requirements for a ship to perform artillery spotting:
- At least one slot of seaplanes must be equipped.
- Air superiority or supremacy must be achieved that battle.
- Ships cannot perform these while heavily damaged (大破).
The following ships are unable to perform artillery spotting either because of a 0 plane capacity or the inability to equip any appropriate setups.
- All destroyers
- Torpedo cruisers (Kitakami, Ooi and Kiso Kai Ni)
- Certain light cruisers (Isuzu Kai Ni, Tenryuu, Tatsuta and Yuubari)
- All carriers
- Auxiliary vessels Akashi and Akitsu Maru
- When neither special attack is triggered, the ship will just do a single attack, dealing 100% damage.
- The flagship has ~15% higher chance in triggering Artillery Spotting.
- Losing Air Supremacy (AS+) to Air Superiority (AS) will lower the trigger chances by ~12%.
- Higher fleet total LoS (Line of Sight) will slightly increase the chances, around 5% ~ 10% per 100 additional FLoS. Notice that FLoS equals to the sum of LoS stats from all the ships in your fleet. Bonuses from equipment are included in the calculation.
Information below has been updated based on existing source material that can be found on the Discussion page. Please see there for more info on sources and considerations regarding their reliability.
Other factors affecting the chance of Artillery Spotting include:
- Equipment LoS values
- (Confirmed for radar and recon aircraft; TBC for other equipment)
- Size of slot for recon aircraft / seaplane bomber
- Larger slots have a (very slightly) higher effect on the chance of Artillery Spotting
- Luck has a slight effect on increasing the chance of Artillery Spotting
Factors that do not affect the chance of Artillery Spotting include:
- (But keep in mind that increasing a ship's level will increase its LoS accordingly)
- Engagement Modifiers
- Improvements made to radars
- Improvements made to recon aircraft
- Gun fit on Battleships
- Damage state (Chuuha / Shouha / Less then Shouha)
- Recon aircraft versus seaplane bomber
- Ship type/class
- Remaining fuel or ammo
- Chance of 主主＋連撃装備 (x1.5 CI + x1.2 DA) versus chance of 主徹＋主副 (x1.3 CI+ x1.1 CI)