- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
Anime/Episodes/W Tou Kouryaku Sakusen!
The reason for the impromptu boot camp is elaborated upon - orders from Naval Headquarters. As it is Fubuki's first standard briefing, she is quite nervous with the assembled Third Torpedo Squadron, Fourth Torpedo Squadron, & Secretary Ship with her aide. With the success from sunking Anchorage Hime, measures must be taken to reinforce the adjusted battle lines & push forward. Thus, the W Island is the target.
Fubuki, however, is apprehensive once more. Although various kanmusu cheer her on at Mamiya's Cafe, her urge for last-minute practice persists until Mutsuki intervenes multiple times. Yet, the next morning, Fubuki starts last-second practice anyways, but Mutsuki gains Akagi's assistance. The thoughts & support from her idol are successful & so, the operation begins.
At W Island, the Third Torpedo Squadron launches scouts & take turns on overwatch until nightfall; unfortunately, the plan was not cautious enough & an Abyssal Dive Bomber passes by. Torpedo Squadron One begins their defense & the Third Torpedo Squadron is ordered to scrub the operation. However, Fleet Two blocks their route & the Fourth Torpedo Squadron is called in to delay Torpedo Squadron One. While the Third Torpedo Squadron is able to deal with one carrier, the air wings continue to cause havoc until Second Fleet arrives & wraps things up.
Despite this, while Torpedo Squadron One retreats, a damaged Fleet Two fighter successfully sneak attacks & sinks Kisaragi.
At 1542, 56 km off W Island's coast, destroyer Kisaragi was sunk by an enemy bomber. The Fourth Torpedo Squadron searched for her without success. (inexact)
- Destroyers: Mutsuki, Kisaragi, Yayoi, Mochizuki, Fubuki, Akatsuki, Hibiki, Ikazuchi, Inazuma, Yuudachi
- Light Cruisers: Kuma, Tama, Kitakami, Ooi, Sendai, Jintsuu, Naka, Yuubari, Ooyodo
- Heavy Cruisers: Takao, Atago, Mogami, Tone
- Standard Carriers: Akagi
- Battleships: Kongou, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Nagato, Mutsu
- Other: Mamiya, Fairies
- Destroyers: Destroyer Ro-Class Late Model, Destroyer Ha-Class Late Model
- Light Cruisers: Light Cruiser Ho-Class
- Light Carriers: Light Carrier Nu-Class
- Third Torpedo Squadron: Jintsuu (flagship), Sendai, Naka, Mutsuki, Yuudachi, Fubuki
- Scouts: Sendai, Jintsuu, Naka: Type 0 Recon Seaplane
- Fourth Torpedo Squadron: Yuubari (flagship), Kuma, Tama, Kisaragi, Yayoi, Mochizuki
- Second Fleet: Kongo (flagship), Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima
- Torpedo Squadron One: 3 Destroyer Ro-Class Late Model, 1 Destroyer Ha-Class Late Model, 2 Light Cruiser Ho-Class
- Fleet Two: 2 Light Carrier Nu-Class
- Massed wave: Nu-Class: Abyssal Dive Bomber
- Mutsuki of the Third Torpedo Squadron
- Kisaragi of the Fourth Torpedo Squadron
- 1 Light Cruiser Ho-Class Torpedo Squadron One
- all of Fleet Two
Perhaps due to their real life construction, Mutsuki & Kisaragi are characterized with a strong bond
- Kisaragi occasionally observes how Mutsuki is doing
- Game-wise, it's only reflected in how they share the same outfit
Due to the above, Mutsuki is carrying on the comfort it has given her by mentoring Fubuki
True shooting, certain hitting (seisha hicchū)
The CM outro is a Yoshinori Shizuma Nagato & Mutsu illustration
The Abyssal aircraft launch in a mini-form, then enlarge within a yellow aura
The torpedos run shallow & otherwise visible enough to be shot at & destroyed
It's shown that communications between the naval base & operating fleets utilize morse code.
2 Teitoku scenes
- One is a flashback
5 Death flags
- As illustrated in Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou chapter 24, pages 27-28.
- Essentially, a common literary technique to indicate the impending death of a character.
- Though a few are expected given the nature of this series - war, that is
Akagi makes an interesting speech that's being both realistic & optimistic
Fubuki continues to struggle under deployment pressure with no real explanation of why she's assigned instead of the plentiful other destroyers, whether it be countless expeditions or whatnot.
|220.127.116.11 on BD sales|
|That's an invalid conclusion drawn from misinterpreting the real meaning of the data. What it shows is merely the ranking positions, which by itself tells us nothing. Kancolle had skyhigh ranking positions for the first week or so (it started off at #1 of all BD sales), so naturally the number of people potentially preordering now is greatly reduced simply through the fact that so many people already preordered.
Then, to take a look at the ranking position change for the day (0:00 to 23:00) of the airing of the anime:
Episode 1: 50 --> 13
Episode 2: 92 --> 60
Episode 3: 134 --> 78
Furthermore, this is only the ranking of the special edition of volume 1, there is also a regular version:
Episode 1: 129 --> 24
Episode 2: 172 --> 101
Episode 3: 331 --> 215
Of course ranking position alone tells us nothing, because it doesn't provide the data on the amount, perhaps the difference between position 1-50 is as big as the gap between 51-1000. The Amazon stalker, from where all this data is, provides an estimation based on points (a point being the equivalent of a unit sold). So, as for the point change on the day of airing:
Episode 1: +232 / +139
Episode 2: +94 / +45
Episode 3: +73 / +29
Sure, the gains are decreasing, but considering the amount of preorders already made, that is something to be expected and not an indicator of episode 3 dropping the hammer on the sales.
Opening & Ending
- Let's Not Say 'Good-bye'
- Audio-only version to extend the episode proper