- Welcome to the Kancolle Wiki!
- Currently account creation is by request only. Once you submit your request please wait 1-2 days for our administrators to process your request.
- You can also visit our IRC channel at #kancollewiki to directly contact an administrator.
|I'm the aircraft carrier Akagi. Leave it all up to me if you're forming a Task Force.|
|I'm the aircraft carrier, Akagi. I'll carry you to victory as part of the main force of the Carrier Task Force. It is said that the fleet will be invincible with me and my prized highly trained planes. I'm... overconfident? Yeah, that may be so... I'll be careful.|
| Secretary 1
|Ryuusei? Do you mean the Type 97 Torpedo Bomber?|
| Secretary 2
|Reppuu? Never heard of it.|
| Secretary 3
|Are we having a strategy meeting?|
| Secretary Idle
|Um,, Admiral? Is it mealti-No! Is it time to start the operation yet!?|
| Secretary (Married)
|1st CarDiv Akagi, always able to deploy! Please take a break sometime, Admiral.|
|Admiral, if I'm with you, I might be able to change that fateful 5 minutes. I will do my best.|
| Player's Score
|There's a message for you, Admiral.|
| Joining the Fleet
|1st Carrier Divison, Akagi, heading out!|
| Equipment 1
|Thank you very much for the modernization.|
| Equipment 2
|I guess... the triple flight decks are not needed.|
| Equipment 3
|Thank you very much for resupplying my planes. It helps me a lot.|
| Docking (Minor)
|I'll be preparing for the next operation.|
| Docking (Major)
|It seems like it will take a little time to repair the flight deck.|
|A new ship can join the Task Force.|
| Return From Sortie
|The fleet has returned to port.|
| Starting a Sortie
|Nagumo task force, sortieing!|
| Starting a Sortie
|I'm sure the enemy Task Force will appear. Kaga-san and I will show you the pride of CarDiv1!|
| Starting a Battle
|1st Attack Squadron, please take off!|
|Hurry with the equipment swap!|
| Air Battle
|All planes, are you ready?|
| Night Battle
|2nd Attack Squadron, all planes take off!|
|We must not become complacent following this victory. Reconnaissance and being proactive is the key... wait... what is this I'm feeling?|
| Minor Damage 1
|Straight above!? Directly above!?|
| Minor Damage 2
|Aah! ...Stop sympathetic detonation!|
| Major Damage
|I cannot let the pride of the first Carrier Division be lost here...|
|My apologies... Please... scuttle me with the torpedoes.|
- Attainable by completing quest B10: 敵空母を撃沈せよ！
- X = Obtainable only in boss nodes.
- O = Obtainable in any node beside the boss node.
- Drops were referenced from both Kancolle Japanese Wikiwiki and Kancolle Japanese @WIki.
- Background Coloring
- Yellow Background means the drop is cited at only one of the sources.
- Green Background means the drop is cited by both sources.
- No Background means ship in question isn't rare enough to warrant color coding (you can add the background yourself if you want).
- Unless specified, all ships are obtainable through crafting.
- Ships that are only craftable through Large Ship Construction (LSC) will have notes to specify (LSC Crafting).
|Ship Name||Rarity||No.||World 1||World 2||World 3||World 4||World 5||World 6||Remarks|
Akagi has long brown hair, which she leaves straight. She is typically seen wearing a chest protector (muneate) over white and red clothes along with a bow and arrow. Usually depicted as a foil to Kaga. Sometimes, she is depicted eating something (usually rice or bauxite) or is shown with a repair bucket.
She is gluttonous when it comes to bauxite (and sometimes, not just that), but fairly serious when there is work to do. Much more open and cheerful compared to Kaga, who is generally stoic in nature. When Kaga is upset (usually something to do with the Fifth Carrier Division) she also acts as a supportive figure, consoling her on the way or acting as a mediator between her and Shoukaku/Zuikaku. While Kaga is often depicted to be hostile and/or condescending towards the Fifth Carrier Division, Akagi does not appear to share her aversion and would either be shown to be neutral or even friendly with the Fifth CarDiv sisters.
- Her name literally means "Red Castle", and comes from Mount Akagi in Gunma Prefecture, Japan.
- Originally designed as an Amagi-class Battlecruiser, Akagi was converted into a carrier after the instigation of the Washington Naval Treaty in 1921.
- She was the first Fleet Carrier commissioned by Japan. (Kaga was launched before Akagi, but was commissioned after her).
- Damaged by an US air attack at the Battle of Midway and scuttled by Japanese Destroyers Arashi, Hagikaze, Maikaze, and Nowaki by the orders of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto on 5 June 1942.
- Officially named the "Queen of Bauxite" thanks to her reputation for eating up all the Bauxite reserves in your inventory. Despite her rarity she's fairly accessible via quest in the early levels, as a result, many new coming admirals are shocked at her Bauxite-binging and long repair times.
- There's another explanation for the "Bauxite Queen" title, as during the early plays of the games, a bug made Akagi consume lots of bauxite at each sortie, but that was fixed since then.
- She is required for quest A19.
- The Kidou Butai literally "Mobile Force" was the designation the IJN gave to it's Carrier Task Forces.
- Both planes were introduced after Akagi was sunk.
- Akagi was, essentially, sunk during the "five fateful minutes" of the Battle of Midway.
- Akagi was first built with three flight decks but then re-built into single deck.
- This line is shared with expedition selection, resource collection, instant repair and development.
- Pre-Midway IJN CVBG. Nickname of the 1st Air Fleet, lead by vice-Admiral Chūichi Nagumo.
- Akagi was struck by only a handful of bombs (possibly only one), but since she was in the middle of re-arming and refueling (bombs and fuel in the hangar rather than safe in magazines), the explosion lit the fuel and detonated some of the bombs.
- The overwhelming superiority of the 1st Carrier Division in the early stages of the war had led to the underestimation of U.S. naval power, which, together with poor scouting and other factors, caused the IJN's catastrophic defeat at Midway and the sinking of Akagi-chan.
- Akagi hates surprises from above... (A reference to when Akagi, Kaga and Souryuu were hit by dive-bombers that slipped nearly undetected until the very moment they started their attack.)
- Akagi was heavily damaged by secondary explosions from armaments left on deck during equipment switch when she was attacked by american dive bombers.
- Akagi was scuttled under the orders of Yamamoto, carried out by the 4th Destroyer fleet, where Maikaze was one of them.